Any tips for Master License B-6?

United States
United States
This is the one with the sharp turn. I watched the demo and some YouTube videos but usually can’t get very close to gold. Silver I can obtain easily. I have Traction set to 1 and Counter Steering set to weak. Are these bad settings for this license test? Any tips would be appreciated. I am not a very experienced driver but I tried following the videos with engine braking and then trail braking while turning. Thanks.

Brake when the front of your car is even with the 100 meter board. Brake in a straight line and shift down to 2nd. Clip the apex and accelerate firmly out of the corner. Use all of the track on exit. The car has ample grip so try it without traction control.

Brake when the front of your car is even with the 100 meter board. Brake in a straight line and shift down to 2nd. Clip the apex and accelerate firmly out of the corner. Use all of the track on exit. The car has ample grip so try it without traction control.
Thanks for the advice. Should I trail brake while turning or just lift off the brake immediately? Also would assists like counter steering or abs or asm help?

Use ABS default. Counter steering and ASM hinder the rotation of the car, so I'd say don't use them. If you feel you really need them, try easying onto the throttle with less jerky steering inputs first. Trail braking is one of those things I don't think about while driving, so cannot advise on whether to use it or not.

Use ABS default. Counter steering and ASM hinder the rotation of the car, so I'd say don't use them. If you feel you really need them, try easying onto the throttle with less jerky steering inputs first. Trail braking is one of those things I don't think about while driving, so cannot advise on whether to use it or not.
I guess when I mentioned trail braking, I meant should I still be braking when I turn in? That is, after braking at full capacity in a straight line starting at the 100m marker like you said. Thanks.

Edit: Also when I turn in should I turn the wheel slowly or make a hard sharp turn? I think from the videos ai watched, the drivers did a sharp turn.

Last edited:
Trail braking is faster, but to do it well is an art. I just ran this license again to see what I am doing and yes, I trail brake at the beginning of the corner during initial turn in. Since it's a sharp corner, you have to turn the wheel a fair amount quickly. Just make it a smooth motion and not a rapid jerk that may upset the cars balance. My goal during the run was to hit the corner apex and get a very solid exit using the full width of track.

I have shared my replay in game if you want to see it. Just search B6, my psn ID is same as forum name.

Trail braking is faster, but to do it well is an art. I just ran this license again to see what I am doing and yes, I trail brake at the beginning of the corner during initial turn in. Since it's a sharp corner, you have to turn the wheel a fair amount quickly. Just make it a smooth motion and not a rapid jerk that may upset the cars balance. My goal during the run was to hit the corner apex and get a very solid exit using the full width of track.

I have shared my replay in game if you want to see it. Just search B6, my psn ID is same as forum name.
How do I search replays by your username in the game? I don’t see that option. Thanks again.

Back