Any tips to make the Logitech Driving Force usable?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saiphix
  • 2 comments
  • 1,010 views
Messages
37
Messages
saiphix
I just brushed it off having gathered dust since I stopped playing GT4 ages ago, plugged it in and started driving my Formula Gran Turismo (probably not the best car to start practicing with, admittedly).

Anyway when I drive it constantly resists the movements I make, my car flips out on practically any turn I make, and even along the straights the wheel flicks left and right and throws my car out of control unless I hold onto it with a vice grip, whereas with the controller I just hold down x and take a breather.

I'm trying to wean myself off the controller, but these little '**** you' features of the wheel don't exactly make me want to use it. Any tips? I'm just a player who wants to have fun and be able to control his vehicle, and have no desire to become one of these leet-skeet zero assist hardcore drivers.

If it matters, my wheel is the Logitech Driving Force (the 3rd along in the options screen, the one that's blue on the sides & black at the tip & base.
 
I just brushed it off having gathered dust since I stopped playing GT4 ages ago, plugged it in and started driving my Formula Gran Turismo (probably not the best car to start practicing with, admittedly).

Anyway when I drive it constantly resists the movements I make, my car flips out on practically any turn I make, and even along the straights the wheel flicks left and right and throws my car out of control unless I hold onto it with a vice grip, whereas with the controller I just hold down x and take a breather.

I'm trying to wean myself off the controller, but these little '**** you' features of the wheel don't exactly make me want to use it. Any tips? I'm just a player who wants to have fun and be able to control his vehicle, and have no desire to become one of these leet-skeet zero assist hardcore drivers.

If it matters, my wheel is the Logitech Driving Force (the 3rd along in the options screen, the one that's blue on the sides & black at the tip & base.

turn the force feedback down? Also, try turning on the power assist if it's available for your wheel
 
Yeah turn the force down.
 
Back