Any tips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uday9479
  • 5 comments
  • 880 views

Which is the Better Gran Turismo experience?

  • GT4 for it's realistic gameplay, ease of menu navigation, affordable cars etc!

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • GT5 for it's more modern version of cars & tracks, in-depth B-Spec play, more competitive AI's etc!

    Votes: 3 42.9%

  • Total voters
    7
Messages
1,848
India
Mumbai
Messages
UnlikeUday
I've finished about 70% of A Spec & 50% of B spec but my exp points are only 26 for A spec & 23 for B Spec! I've seen that for Reb Bull Challenge or or high end races including Endurance races need much more exp points!

I feel by the time I finish my A spec races I may still not have enough A spec points for Red Bull challenge!

How does everyone manage to reach to such high levels without the game completing earlier?

Also there are some good cars which are horrendously expensive? In GT4, all the good cars were affordable but not in GT5! For eg. Audi R8 could be easily purchased in GT4 but in GT5 its real expensive!

Any tips as to how to earn some good credits through races or by selling any specific cars?:nervous:
 
Hi Uday9479, and welcome to the 'Planet!
It's been a common criticism of GT5 that the event payouts are too low, and the XP system is... broken, requiring re-runs of most races.

Many of us who've had the game since release benefited from earlier Seasonal races that paid out incredibly high XP (a player could do just the five races and end up at around A-Spec Level 20, and these happened for a month). Another method you'll read about is "rubber-banding": utilizing a keyboard and a rubber band around the controller, people enter oval races repeatedly with an X1 to ensure victory, without having to play.

Most cars can't be sold for decent amounts of money (the F40 being the most expensive to sell), so my personal recommendation would be to rely on the Special Events for money, or remote racing (since you don't need to actually be "playing" the game). Most cars aren't worth selling, really.

I've also moved this to the Q&A forum since it's a common question 👍
 
I´ve never played GT4. Don´t ask why... I´m still wondering lol. But in GT5 I have completed 94% of the game. Only endurance and a few events left in both A- and B-spec. It is not a problem to get cars for the different events, since you get a car for each event you gold. B-spec have the best car rewards. To get more xp, do some online races. It is way more fun, and you´ll probably get some new friends to race with.

For the X2010 event, you can do that when your B-spec level reaches 30. That´s what I did. Do some B-spec endurance races and/or remote races and you´ll be there in no time :)
 
I've finished about 70% of A Spec & 50% of B spec but my exp points are only 26 for A spec & 23 for B Spec! I've seen that for Reb Bull Challenge or or high end races including Endurance races need much more exp points!

I feel by the time I finish my A spec races I may still not have enough A spec points for Red Bull challenge!

How does everyone manage to reach to such high levels without the game completing earlier?

Also there are some good cars which are horrendously expensive? In GT4, all the good cars were affordable but not in GT5! For eg. Audi R8 could be easily purchased in GT4 but in GT5 its real expensive!

Any tips as to how to earn some good credits through races or by selling any specific cars?:nervous:

You'll get to Red Bull at Level 30 and trust me, there are enough races in A-Spec to get you there. Took me about 40 days of hard racing. I'm at 31 and have finished everything in A except 2 Extreme events and 8 Endurance events.

My suggestion is don't buy a lot of cars early on. There's a Matrix in this forum that will guide you with which cars you'll earn by completing events in A & B-spec, specials and licenses. For example you can earn, Ferrari 599, Zonda R, Lexus IS-F, so don't waste your money on them.

I saved along the way and only bought a few cars and did minimal tuning til I reached 20 million. Then I went on a buying spree and bought 17.5 mil worth of cars to enjoy while I work through the rest of the events.

Also, I let my Bobs do a lot of grinding in the Dream Car race. It'll help your B-spec level and earn you up to 866,000 each time you complete it. You don't have to sit there and push them. Get a car like the Minolta or the BMW V12 get the race started then go about your business. Come back about once every 30-60 min to start the next race.

The way to earn good cash is to get together with guys who are dedicated to running remote races. If everyone of your remote friends and you run a race a day you'll all earn tons of cash. Leave at least 2 of our Bobs online all the time. You only need 4 of the 6 to run endurance races.

That's it. the way to do it. This is my journey through it: Journal
 
If you buy a car to grind the dream car in b spec. Buy the FGT formula gran turismo from the online dealer. You will use the car later for sure and you can't win one till later on.
 
Back