It seems that during the various rally events (BTW, I hate the dirt ones, but love the snow ones), the map has an annoying habit of scaling as you are driving. Since the pace notes are almost useless - as in just about every rally game I've played, they simply don't keep up with your position/speed on the course and 50% of the time are telling me about the corner I've just completed or the one after the one after the next one - I prefer to rely on the map. However, the scaling makes it difficult to judge where you are in relation to a corner - sometimes it is zoomed in and you judge easily, other times it is zoomed out and you might be on top of the corner or 500m away.
I imagine this scaling is speed-related - fast = zoom out, slow = zoom in - but is there any way to absolutely fix the scale of the map in rally events? I know there is a map scale option in the quick options, but this is set to 5 and the game will not let me change it.
Note that I don't remember this scaling happening during the beginners events, only the intermediate and advanced. This is one of a) I didn't notice it, b) the beginner events are shorter and scaling happens less often, c) the scaling is part of the difficulty, like only allowing racing-line during beginner events, or d) I have accidentally changed a setting somewhere.
I'm sure I'll adjust with practice, but any words of wisdom would be appreciated ;-)
I imagine this scaling is speed-related - fast = zoom out, slow = zoom in - but is there any way to absolutely fix the scale of the map in rally events? I know there is a map scale option in the quick options, but this is set to 5 and the game will not let me change it.
Note that I don't remember this scaling happening during the beginners events, only the intermediate and advanced. This is one of a) I didn't notice it, b) the beginner events are shorter and scaling happens less often, c) the scaling is part of the difficulty, like only allowing racing-line during beginner events, or d) I have accidentally changed a setting somewhere.
I'm sure I'll adjust with practice, but any words of wisdom would be appreciated ;-)