Any way to get the F40 to handle decently?

United States
Mississippi
kthulhu-x
I've been searching around and trying out different tunes I've found online, but regardless of what I am trying, this thing still handles like a yacht on ice. I feel like a supercar should handle better than this. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Viper and Porsche, or maybe I'm just trash, but I can't seem to get a handle on this one. I'm playing without assists (just ABS on weak), and am right now going through the La Festa Cavallino races. I'm sure part of it has to do with the fact that these races require SS tires, and going from those to RH is night and day for handling. Does anyone have an tips on handling this beast or is it just a "get good" kind of thing?

I've been searching around and trying out different tunes I've found online, but regardless of what I am trying, this thing still handles like a yacht on ice. I feel like a supercar should handle better than this. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Viper and Porsche, or maybe I'm just trash, but I can't seem to get a handle on this one. I'm playing without assists (just ABS on weak), and am right now going through the La Festa Cavallino races. I'm sure part of it has to do with the fact that these races require SS tires, and going from those to RH is night and day for handling. Does anyone have an tips on handling this beast or is it just a "get good" kind of thing?
Can I ask you what camera view do you use?

Funny how we have different points of view about the same car because the F40 is my favorite car in GTS. I think it handles great completely stock on Sport Soft Tires and it's also far superior to it's GT6 counterpart.

Sorry I can't help you on a setup but I say spend alot of time behind the wheel getting a feel for it.

I tried a few races on bumper cam, seemed to do better with that, but I prefer cockpit for the immersion. I guess I'll continue to play with it until I get better with it.

It's definitely not a car you can just go all out in all the time but once you find it's sweet spot its a blast to drive. Even when it starts to get away from you I find it easy to regain control and bring it back.
I also drive cockpit view and ABS only.

On smaller courses or ones that are "enclosed" (think Tokyo Expressway), I do much better. It's the larger courses where the turns are more difficult to see in cockpit view that throw me off.

On smaller courses or ones that are "enclosed" (think Tokyo Expressway), I do much better. It's the larger courses where the turns are more difficult to see in cockpit view that throw me off.

I will say cockpit view is not easy. But like you I do it for the immersion and now its become my favorite and fastest view to drive from. I like the fact your challenging yourself and it will pay off big time the more you do it.

I would say the stock setup on sport softs is amazing on the F40, beautifully balanced if you respect the car.

I went back and detuned the car to stock and drove it for a few races. I agree, the stock setup is good. I guess my issue now is that I need to beef it up to win these races and I'm looking for a tune that will let me run it at max power and lowest weight (if possible).

You don't need more power to beat the La Festa Cavallino series... I (and others) have done this in a de-tuned F40 (ie; running less than stock power).

With 'rubber banding', the faster you go, the faster the opponents go... plus the more power you give your car, the harder it will be to drive on SS tyres (SS are the max on this one IIRC)

I ran an F40, de-tuned to N400 & minimum weight. I also set toe (f & r) to 0, and LSD to 5/20/5. Otherwise stock.

You then need to run consistent laps... the gap to the 330 will open up at the beginning of the race, but will come back to you over the 2nd half... 330 is fast on the straights, but terrible in the corners as it's running a lot of power for the tyre grade. Stay consistent - don't have accidents on your own!

You don't need more power to beat the La Festa Cavallino series... I (and others) have done this in a de-tuned F40 (ie; running less than stock power).

With 'rubber banding', the faster you go, the faster the opponents go... plus the more power you give your car, the harder it will be to drive on SS tyres (SS are the max on this one IIRC)

I ran an F40, de-tuned to N400 & minimum weight. I also set toe (f & r) to 0, and LSD to 5/20/5. Otherwise stock.

You then need to run consistent laps... the gap to the 330 will open up at the beginning of the race, but will come back to you over the 2nd half... 330 is fast on the straights, but terrible in the corners as it's running a lot of power for the tyre grade. Stay consistent - don't have accidents on your own!

I'm going to give that a shot when I get home this evening...thanks!

I think the F40 handles great on RACING SUPER SOFTS, and a low suspension height. It's already stiff as an ironing board so no need to tamper with the damping unless you want to go crazy around Nordschleife, just remember to feather it through corners especially if TCS is off, once the turbo boost hits the rear wheels its a devil, keeping the revs up can be hard as the ratios are ridiculously long thanks to the 5 speed gearbox. This car just takes a bit of practice. It's stonking once you get used to it.

Every time I think I've nailed a tune for it, there i go into the kitty litter ha ha, sometimes I think it handles better with slightly harder compounds, it chassis seems to react harshly with sticky tires. Still fun.

I'm trying to figure this car out as well. Really fun car to drive. HydroDL is right, once the boost huts it's a monster. Even when it feels like it's getting away you can easily bring it back in. I uped the power, dropped the weight, and dropped rear suspension by two clicks. Can be tricky at times, but fun as hell tp drive.

Back