Anybody doing A-spec again from start to finish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bailout
  • 20 comments
  • 1,802 views
Messages
162
Messages
jacker100
I am, but this time I'm doing it without skid recovery force and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

This time though, I'm not just using an overpowered car to force my way through but I'm using a car equal to the AI.

This is a really good way to learn to drive properly, the front wheel drive cars don't really feel any different (only just starting the amateur events) but the rear wheel drive cars are all of a sudden very tail happy.

I can't wait for the playstaion network to come back online so I can use my new skills. :)
 
I don't have the time to do that with GT5, but I did it in GT2 when I had that 98% glitch which wiped the data. It was pretty rewarding to replay that knowing what I had in front of me. I know that if I replayed GT5, I'm make much more economical decisions. I wasted a lot of money early on so going through GT Life again with 20/20 hindsight... Life would be good. :sly:
 
Yeah, its not really the same beacuse last time I was skint and I kept having to go back and grind until I could afford to buy a certain car to win a race.

Now I have more cars I could ever need and I only have 318!
 
I've been thinking about starting a new career so I can get the rare cars I missed from not duping.

Plus, I want the fun of using a car that's only as good as the competition, no greater.
 
Last edited:
I've been thinking about doing this, using cars with less pp than the AI competition and only buying cars when absolutely necessary.
 
I am, but this time I'm doing it without skid recovery force and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

This time though, I'm not just using an overpowered car to force my way through but I'm using a car equal to the AI.

This is a really good way to learn to drive properly, the front wheel drive cars don't really feel any different (only just starting the amateur events) but the rear wheel drive cars are all of a sudden very tail happy.

I can't wait for the playstaion network to come back online so I can use my new skills. :)

Only today, I had the same idea, haven't started yet though
 
I'm doing this as well. :D

This time I'm going to see how far I can get without repeating an event.
 
Yep. Thats me.
 
Yep :) started from scratch when the PSN went down... It's amazing how much faster it is when you don't waste your money on the useless cars that look good on paper...
 
I did it after being a 24 or so. Kind of fun clawing your way back, and I am making a full effort to plat this time (I'm 32/36 now). I'd say the time to use superior cars is grinding time.
 
Yup, using only my g27, licenses so much quicker to gold!
Fun seeing how far I can get without buying any cars(apart from 1st one) and absolutely no tuning. Had to apply the blocking technique a few times lol!
 
I don't have the time to do that with GT5, but I did it in GT2 when I had that 98% glitch which wiped the data. It was pretty rewarding to replay that knowing what I had in front of me. I know that if I replayed GT5, I'm make much more economical decisions. I wasted a lot of money early on so going through GT Life again with 20/20 hindsight... Life would be good. :sly:

This^ 👍

I'm on levels 36 & 37 & as you know, by now it's just grind, grind & grind some more. So I started another profile for something different, but applying your financial principle above. I'm a little way into the amateur series & with doing whatever special events I could, I have almost 3M in the bank & more than enough cars to get the current races done. It becomes like a challenge... :sly:
 
Yes, just got the Logitech DFGT and decided to start from scratch. No aids at all, and trying not to buy any cars; excepting the first one, which you have to buy to start A-spec.

Loving my wheel -- It's a whole new world!!!:)
 
I'm considering starting a new game on a different user of mine. The problem is, I'll have all the stealth cars and the Chrome Lines (excluding XJ13) at the start because your PS Store purchases transfer to your other users...
 
C-ZETA
I'm considering starting a new game on a different user of mine. The problem is, I'll have all the stealth cars and the Chrome Lines (excluding XJ13) at the start because your PS Store purchases transfer to your other users...

Me too, doesn't take much self control to resist the urge to use them though.
 
I have no choice but to do it all again.... Got YLOD on my previous PS3 and was deemed knackered after someone tried to repair it 4 times, and so lost ALL my save games!!

Im actually glad though to be doing it again though, I was at lv29 Aspec and 27 Bspec before and alot of the enjoyment had gone from the game once I had every car I needed
 
Yeah I got off the fence, deleted my old save, no goin back! Now I'm nearly done with the licences. All gold except for IC 10 & the FR Cone Slalom (just 2 thousands of a sec off gold). I'm sure I can gold them all this time (fingers crossed anyway)
 
Last edited:
Back