Anybody else getting booted out of Seasonals after race end?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_FastM3
  • 10 comments
  • 834 views

GTP_FastM3

Premium
Messages
660
Canada
Prince Albert/S
Messages
GTP_FastM3
A new problem just began to happen when doing the seasonal races. I just downloaded the new PSN update last night. Immediately after I started GT5. I next went on to do the Civic on SSR5 and after finishing the race I exited to the main screen. I thought to myself "Must have hit the wrong button by accident. Oh well I'll enter and do it again" So went through the startup screen with the bar across the bottom. Started the race and finished. Got my credits and then XP. Before I could push the x button to restart the race I was immediately kicked back to the GT Life screen.

I did a few more seasonals including a few times around the 'Ring in the British Lightweights. Each time I finished a race I received my credits and XP and was booted back to GT Life. This is a new occurence for me and only began to happen last night. I don't know if it has anything to do with the new PSN update, but it wasn't there before I downloaded it.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? Anybody have any ideas what is happening and how I can fix it?
 
It used to be a problem when exiting online lobbies and while doing the Special challenges too. Now those have been fixed but the seasonals haven't
 
If I exit out of the race it puts me back at the main GT Life screen. But only if I hit the exit button. I don't get booted prematurely as you are making it sound.
 
I have the same problem but hopefully they will fix it soon.
 
Happened to me twice yesterday, both times on the British, both times I failed to win a suit/helmet/paint/horn. When I went back a 3rd time and won a prize it was fine. Not been a problem today.
 
I don't remember it happening before for me. In fact I remember doing the Expert challenges with both the Fiat and the Lotus and after finishing I could click on the green checkered flag to repeat it. I remember doing the Fiat race over and over for 2 hrs without getting booted to the GT Life screen. Now everytime I finish a race I collect my credits and XP and before I can push any button the screen goes black for awhile (seems like about 10-20 secs) and then I'm back at the GT Life screen. It's really annoying as it wastes about 30 secs to start another race.
 
It has always happend to me. You just have to keep going back in...
 
It's wierd how the same game on the same basic system can behave differently at different times and for different users. It sounds like this has always happened to canderson19 and up until yesterday had never happened to me. I'm sure there are others who have never had this issue. It's likely the update changed something in the system that now causes issues with the game at that point. Yet I'm sure that the vast majority of people that downloaded software 3.66 have had no issues.
 
4th and below = the boot. Podium finish, and you get to stay. Think of it as another reward. Or maybe it's PD's way of scolding you for driving horrible.
 
4th and below = the boot. Podium finish, and you get to stay. Think of it as another reward. Or maybe it's PD's way of scolding you for driving horrible.

I don't think it's working that way for me. I was consistently finishing 2nd on SSR5 and it was booting me each time. Yet another peculiarity.
 
Back