Anybody else want to see Linear tracks come back?

Waynetheman84
I really miss the point to point tracks from.... i wanna say GT6? but i honestly cant remember now, they were always one of my favorite to play but were never really a big FEATURE of the series. Would like to see that return along with the track editor that was good for a laugh.

The randomly generated point to point tracks were in GT5. I always felt it was a feature that needed a bi more work but had a lot of promise. It's a shame that and the track editor seem to have gone by the wayside, with more development and work they could have been something special.

The randomly generated point to point tracks were in GT5. I always felt it was a feature that needed a bi more work but had a lot of promise. It's a shame that and the track editor seem to have gone by the wayside, with more development and work they could have been something special.
I always thought it held a lot of promise for things like rally especially both tarmac and dirt, dont know why it never took off.

PD's actions really befuddle me sometimes. I recall how much of a big deal they made with GT5/6's course maker back in the day. GT6's track maker was released 2 whole years after the game's launch and that was a whole separate app on your phone or tablet. Granted, the course makers in 5 and 6 weren't the best thing in the world, but they were fun to say the least. Then, Polyphony being Polyphony, all that hard work seemingly goes straight to the trash! I don't get it.

Same kind of story with shuffle mode... where did it go? :confused:

The inclusion of rally cars should mean including point-to-point tracks. Also multi-stage ones.

The current off-road events feel like they belong in Forza Horizon or Dirt, and that's obviously not complimentary.

In a game with a sub-title "the Real Driving Simulator", as opposed to "the Real Racing Simulator" and PDs fondness for including historical and quirky vehicles as well as everyday cars and race machines. I often wonder why we never see things like a 20 mile section of roads such as Pacific Coast Highway, California, USA or Transfagarasan Highway, Romania to name a couple.

They would fit the theme of both driving and provide point to point races, as well as tying in with Scapes too. As they are public roads they probably wouldn't even be subject to licencing either.

1648323292662.png

Edit to add picture.

Last edited:
The inclusion of rally cars should mean including point-to-point tracks. Also multi-stage ones.

The current off-road events feel like they belong in Forza Horizon or Dirt, and that's obviously not complimentary.
Everytime I do rally in GT even though rally was never really their best work, I get a pretty overwhelming meh feeling due to the non linear tracks

I wasn't a fan of the implementation of generated tracks but the concept of hill climbs and other point-to-point tracks is a great idea that needs to come back. For example, the Goodwood Hillclimb from GT6 was great fun and the Festival of Speed was a great event overall. There is a lot of potential for such rallies and hillclimbs within GT but for some reason they just won't stick with it. Goodwood, Pikes Peak, various roads around the world. I understand the legal implications of including streets in the game but roads like Deal's Gap and Stelvio Pass are too amazing to not include, come on.

I've said it in other posts, but it almost seems like PD is now too focussed on multiplayer capable tracks and is less interested in tight, narrow, winding, sharp cornered point to point/city etc tracks.

I hope i'm wrong, and they've got some of these tracks returning/coming to the game, but from impressions given in GT Sport and so far in GT7 with the over the top changes made to Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, it's not looking good.

Back