anybody have one of these usb microscopes?

England
southport
61FoEb6mnsL._SL1200_.jpg
Ive just bought one of these from amazon, xcsource, basically the cd rom it comes with wont read in my drive, I contacted the seller, they sent me a link to download the software, which I did, but upon installing it I get multiple virus notifications from AVG, so it didn`t install.

Basically I just wanted to know is there anybody using one of these and what program will it work with, thank you.

Last edited:
Looks a lot like the one I bought several years ago. Never got it to work was refunded my money. Same reason you're having except I didn't get any virus warnings.

Ive just bought one of these from amazon, xcsource, basically the cd rom it comes with wont read in my drive, I contacted the seller, they sent me a link to download the software, which I did, but upon installing it I get multiple virus notifications from AVG, so it didn`t install.

Basically I just wanted to know is there anybody using one of these and what program will it work with, thank you.
I've been looking into this a bit more and it turns out that the device should work with pretty much any generic webcam software. Furthermore, you probably didn't want to use the software that came with it anyway; it has no way to save an image for instance

In my case I was happy to find that my microscope works with both cheese and fswebcam. Yours should too, but I don't think that's going to help you.

Actually i have managed to get it to work now, I am very impressed, the software is great, and yes you can save images in a variety of sizes, and not just 640x480 as some of the reviews on amazon said, there are options to select different sizes.. its great..

my jeans im wearing now and a dead wasp i found..

Sat Dec 10 11-03-39.jpg
Thu Dec 08 17-51-06.jpg

USB Microscope? I don't think I've used ANY kind of microscope since my Middle School days back in the mid-1990s! Wow... we've come a long way. A LOOOONG way...

Latest Posts

Back