Anybody here play F355 on the DC and PS2 back in the day?

LightningCamaro
LightningCamaro
Could possibly be the wrong forum, if so, my bad.

Was wondering how many of you had F355 Challenge and what your thoughts were on it?

I personally enjoyed as it was a refreshing change from the arcadey racers out there and the difficult really meant you had to know your racing inside out to win as the AI was pretty damn tough and wouldn't give you an inch.

I've still got a copy of it somewhere for my DC tucked away, I'm gonna fire it up later, maybe tear it up round Motegi.

I've enjoyed that game a lot,it was the hardest racing game back than,and I think the first triple screen(alongside with Manxx TT) I'd ever seen in a Arcade Saloon.
I don't think I could play it again, though,gaming memories are better preserved if on doesn't try to re-live them(I had that experience when I tried playing Tomb Raider 1 a couple of years ago:scared:

Just to refresh Your memories:

If you liked this one maybe You'll wanna check out SCC for the PS3!👍

I had it on DC. It was fun, but very difficult. I managed to get through it all and unlocked a few extra courses. All I can recall is Sepang, Nurburgring, Sugo, and Fiorano. I think there was one or two more.

Such an awesome game and still one of the best sims out there, imo. I still play it at every arcade I see it at. Spent $10 at Main Event playing theirs, and ended up setting a Top 3 time at Long Beach.

loved it in the arcade. And totally feel you on Tomb Raider. I bought TR2 on the PSN store and couldn't stand it for more than 30 minutes...I used to love TR2 though. So weird.

Such an awesome game and still one of the best sims out there, imo. I still play it at every arcade I see it at. Spent $10 at Main Event playing theirs, and ended up setting a Top 3 time at Long Beach.

+1 for track choice.

Love racing round Long Beach, that tight chicane after the start finish straight always seems to be the one corner where I lose the most time on that track. Still love it, though.

I had it on DC. It was fun, but very difficult. I managed to get through it all and unlocked a few extra courses. All I can recall is Sepang, Nurburgring, Sugo, and Fiorano. I think there was one or two more.

Good to see another DC owner on the forum. 👍

Shame the online doesn't work anymore, I would love a blast on F355 online.

Got it for PS2 the day it came out. I was properly stoked. However, the steering wheel had a dead zone of 45 degrees, or something like that - i.e. it was unplayable with a wheel, so I never touched it again. Same story with the PS3 FC, only a bit less dead zone...

DJ
--

Last edited:
I played the simulator a lot in arcade halls many years back but I found out about the PS2 release a little late so it was out of stock everywhere when I wanted it. I ended up ordering it from ebay in england (i'm in sweden) and when I finally got it I just played it for a few hours and since then it has only collected dust. Maybe the lesson is "Dont call your ex when you're looking for some fun."

I got this on the DC when it came out. It was an absolutely brilliant game in its day. The PS2 version is ... less good.

Used to play this gem at an arcade center, triple screen with clutch and H shifter, did so many plays, won almost on all tracks too. This is the only place I can heel and toe besides my real car, but I can be aggressive and faster when racing unlike IRL on my car, my passenger would throw a fit when I heel and toe on every opportunity :)

Also got the PS2 version, still play it when I want to recollect the old days.

I did and even got a wheel for it. Ashamed to say quit the game shortly after cause I would spin out at every first corner lol I think the wheel sucked and I sucked too cause I was too young to appreciate it lol

Talk about old thread resurrection! I just plugged an old Dreamcast into my home theatre system for a laugh and found I had just four games for it. Once was DOA2 and the others are racing games. Ferrari Challenge is one of them. Have not plugged that in yet to see how bad it is compare to current gen games. Should be a laugh...

Latest Posts

Back