Anybody on bobbers?

• Thread starter Enzo_Guy
  • 1 comments
Enzo_Guy
GTP EnzoGuy
Yeah you streetfighter riders, you ain't the first to hack all that junk off your bike and think it looked cool. :sly:

Jokes aside, I don't have it anymore but while I did it was a fun bike to putt around the backroads I live on with. It was an '82 Harley Sportster ironhead 1000 with some work done (punched out, high compression pistons, bigger valves, ignition, hopped up transmission, and probably more I forgot about). I never got around to sticking it in a hardtail before I sold it, but I guess my back is all the better for it.

A word of advice to anybody thinking about purchasing a pre-Evo Harley (especially ironheads): expect it to define ride one day work on it for two. That thing was a heap of parts that almost worked, and then some genius decided to hop it up so that it was within an inch of its life every time you started it (but when it ran that sucker would fly). They have such a reputation that a guy at a local bar (I worked there, don't drink and ride) saw my helmet and asked what I was riding, when I told him I was on an ironhead he asked me if I wanted a job at his shop fixing bikes.

So who else here has bobbed their bike out?
0726091712-03.jpg

0726091712-02.jpg

0726091712-01.jpg

0726091712-00.jpg

Heh. Not even close to what you were asking for, but a couple of summers ago I was having starter trouble on my FJR, and to make life simpler for access to electrics I rode it a couple of weeks stripped of pastic.

Not exactly a streetfighter, perhaps the ugliest "naked" bike ever in the Universe:

DSC_4419.jpg

I could then reach the battery, starter relay, and other connectors and relays pretty quickly. The starter itself, though, still required a 60-minute tear-down for access, removing the seat, tank, air box, and throttle bodies before you could even see it where it sits on top of the transmission case right behind the cylinder block.

Back