Anyone Bodyboard or Surf?

• Thread starter boomboy
  • 7 comments
Well? Anyone?

Well i do. I have been bodyboarding for about 2 years now, im not that good and im still deciding whether i will go prone or DK. I just brought my self new a board, a manta.

And for surfing about the 1 and a half years. I mainly just take the oldmans long board out when the surfs to small to take my bodyboard.

Ok feel free to post any thing to do with surfing, body boarding or anything to do with waveriding.

I do abit of body boarding when we go to Saint Davids. The surf there is awesome, better than on the Gower even.

Been doing it for a few years but never considered moving onto surfing, too time consuming trying to learn TBH. I'm closeish to the sea, but the beaches are a fair way off.

ExigeExcel
I do abit of body boarding when we go to Saint Davids. The surf there is awesome, better than on the Gower even.

Been doing it for a few years but never considered moving onto surfing, too time consuming trying to learn TBH. I'm closeish to the sea, but the beaches are a fair way off.

Ok cool. Over here in New zealand its pretty good because there are alot of beaches with in a 1 or 2 hour drive of where i live. There are a few beaches with in 1 hour but they get pretty packed in the weekend so i try to stay away from there.

When I used to live in Hawaii, I used to boogie board (body board) all the time. Never really took up surfing.... Got me thinking about the ocean again.... I kind of forgot how much I miss it. So how are the beaches in NZ? Sandy? Rocky? Shallow reef?

Pako
When I used to live in Hawaii, I used to boogie board (body board) all the time. Never really took up surfing.... Got me thinking about the ocean again.... I kind of forgot how much I miss it. So how are the beaches in NZ? Sandy? Rocky? Shallow reef?

Most of them are sandy. But we do rocky and some shallow reef. Probably a bit like australia but with a few less reef breaks.

Awesome! How do you guys measure the size of the wave down there? Do you measure the face or the back? Just curious... :)

Pako
Awesome! How do you guys measure the size of the wave down there? Do you measure the face or the back? Just curious... :)

We measure the back or the face, it really depends on who you talk to. Most people down here measure the back, myself included.

I surf a bit now and then, being next to the beach. However, I've never really gotten into it, but I have to admit, as an occational hobbie, it's quite fun. :)

Latest Posts

Back