Anyone bothered by the new Tachometer in GTSport?

• Thread starter rronak95
  • 20 comments
United States
texas
boager
I've been playing the GT Sport for the past week and love it so far. My only gripe is the new "tachometer" that is used in the hood and third person view. Its not really a tachometer, its just a bar that turns red when its time to shift gears. This isn't a huge issue because I usually use the bumper cam, but its still odd how a traditional tachometer isn't present in certain views. Does this bother anyone else? Also, is there a way to change this?

At first I didn't like it but it's grown on me as an instructive tool. Don't recall seeing any option to change it. I wish there were most HUD options though.

...well I see a problem in it too, would like to have option to chose which one I'd like to use.

BTW, that single line doesn't help a lot when driving a diesel car, since it is showing 5-6k RPM, and, at least I hope, you guys know that diesels can rev, but have no power.

So this weeks N200 is so funny. I drive behind a guy in 6th gear @3500 RPM, and I hear how his car is screaming, all I do is press a bit of gas and I'm gone... so sad... and that bar doesn't help him a lot :)

...well I see a problem in it too, would like to have option to chose which one I'd like to use.

BTW, that single line doesn't help a lot when driving a diesel car, since it is showing 5-6k RPM, and, at least I hope, you guys know that diesels can rev, but have no power.

So this weeks N200 is so funny. I drive behind a guy in 6th gear @3500 RPM, and I hear how his car is screaming, all I do is press a bit of gas and I'm gone... so sad... and that bar doesn't help him a lot :)
The red bar isn't bad, I just wish PD gave the option to pick and choose which tachometers we wanted to use. The red bar is useful, but I personally prefer a traditional tachometer.

At first I didn't like it but it's grown on me as an instructive tool. Don't recall seeing any option to change it. I wish there were most HUD options though.
It's a great instructive tool, but I wish I could implement a traditional tachometer in the roof cam. The bumper cam has both the red line and a regular tachometer.

Traditional gauges would be preferred, but when comes right down to it, none of the race cars have traditional gauges anymore. Or it least none that I can recall in GTS. I still prefer traditional analog gauges (listening auto manufacturers?). Give me actual needles and little odometer numbers I can see spinning ‘round and ‘round.

Here I go kick and screaming into the 21st century...

Traditional gauges would be preferred, but when comes right down to it, none of the race cars have traditional gauges anymore. Or it least none that I can recall in GTS. I still prefer traditional analog gauges (listening auto manufacturers?). Give me actual needles and little odometer numbers I can see spinning ‘round and ‘round.

Here I go kick and screaming into the 21st century...
This is why I love my old 3 series. It has a traditional tachometer and its a manual. Modern bimmers nowadays have a digital tachometer, come in paddle only, and have electric steering. Whatever, rant over.

What I really don't understand is why it isn't an option in the settings. If I recall correctly, Asseto Corsa gives players the option to adjust the HUD on screen, including the tachometer.

Not meaning to compare GTS to Project Cars 2 but the HUD options in PC2 are just so good with the ways to customize it. I so wish we could have the style/physics model of GTS combined with the track selection and options of Project Cars 2. It would be like the most ultimate sim racer ever.

Sorry to bump this thread, but is there still no way to change the dials to analog? I don't have the game; I'm trying to figure it out for someone else.

Didn't like it at all. I gave feedback on the beta early on about it and a lot of people said the same. Doesn't look right when it's over the bottom of the car in chase cam. Would perfer to see the full rev range in chase but not touching the car.

I love the new tach. F1 has been doing this for decades and even high performance cars are like this for many years.
Sorry to bump this thread, but is there still no way to change the dials to analog? I don't have the game; I'm trying to figure it out for someone else.
Change the view to the bumper camera

Didn't like it at all. I gave feedback on the beta early on about it and a lot of people said the same. Doesn't look right when it's over the bottom of the car in chase cam. Would perfer to see the full rev range in chase but not touching the car.
I wish they would allow us to customize the HUD and tachometer... I feel like this should be standard for all racing games.

I agree the bar tachometer is not a good departure, IMO. Plus it gets in the way of my view of the track AND THE CAR in chase view (some refer to this as 3rd person or "kite" LOL). In reality, the bar tach is the same kind used in most real race cars. Anything below ~ 60% of redline RPM doesn't even register. When approaching redline, first you will see blue (or green), then yellow, then red (at redline) which is time to shift... when you are racing.

I agree the bar tachometer is not a good departure, IMO. Plus it gets in the way of my view of the track AND THE CAR in chase view (some refer to this as 3rd person or "kite" LOL). In reality, the bar tach is the same kind used in most real race cars. Anything below ~ 60% of redline RPM doesn't even register. When approaching redline, first you will see blue (or green), then yellow, then red (at redline) which is time to shift... when you are racing.
I understand it's used in race cars today, but players in gtsport aren't necessarily always driving a race car. There are tons of road cars (especially after the past couple of updates) and it helps to know what RPM the car is at. I just don't understand why PD didn't allow players to customize or choose their preferred HUD.

...we need options, so we can customize what we wanna see... it is stupid to have that radar thingie sharing same space as some of the on board settings etc, and to be in right lower corner, instead of somewhere you can actually see it (except in bumper view). And where is freaking rear view mirror in other views, even in interior (when you move you view back on some cars) you cannot see mirrors... stupid...

Back