Anyone do endurance races with a G27 using the clutch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS97
  • 2 comments
  • 881 views
Messages
123
Messages
Warren262
After doing the Laguna Seca 200 mile non stop using the 6sp with clutch on the G27, I wondered how many other people use the clutch on endurance races rather than the paddle shifters. The race for me took about 2 1/2 hours using a ZR1 RM. Using the shifter and clutch is pretty much second nature for me, so although it wasn't really that difficult, it did make me arm sort of sore lol.

On a side note, I noticed when I switched from soft to hard tires during a pit stop, I had less grip and spun out more actually causing the tires to not last as long as the soft. I used soft race tires the rest of the race.
 
Last edited:
I used the clutch in the Tsukuba 4th event.
Stopped every 30 mins or so to scratch my arse.

Do the Indy one. When pulling into the pits to change tires after driving in bumper cam for a prolonged time.

Stare at the clouds and a optical illusion appears to move the clouds lol.
Helps if you slightly off focus your eyes and stare at an invisible point. ( like a student after a night out).
 
After doing the Laguna Seca 200 mile non stop using the 6sp with clutch on the G27, I wondered how many other people use the clutch on endurance races rather than the paddle shifters. The race for me took about 2 1/2 hours using a ZR1 RM. Using the shifter and clutch is pretty much second nature for me, so although it wasn't really that difficult, it did make me arm sort of sore lol.

On a side note, I noticed when I switched from soft to hard tires during a pit stop, I had less grip and spun out more actually causing the tires to not last as long as the soft. I used soft race tires the rest of the race.

I'm about to start these races when I get home but I usually use the setup that the car has. My ZR1 RM has the sequential gearbox and since my G27 doesn't I use the paddles. But if I did the race in a ZR1 I would use the clutch and 6spd.
 
Back