Anyone else bouncing between Dr ranks?

United States
Indiana
pie4july
Has anyone else found themselves stuck between Dr ranks? I don't know what to tell people. Am I a Dr A driver who occasionally slips to B or viceversa?

I knew I'd eventually plateau in this game, but it is so annoying how I've managed to do it at the line between two Dr levels...

My latest drop to B was caused by Gr3 at Northern Isle. It was the only race I did that day, and I only did it once. Result? Loss of about 3000 Dr points.

(-_-)

Screenshot_20180709-234806_Chrome.jpg

You've played loads of Sport mode! I'm only on about 28 days with Sport mode play on KudosPrime. I'm creeping up to DRA* and it would be annoying if I level out on the line like you!

I'm the same but i know why i drop.

If i played purely GR4 then i think i could achieve a very high A ranking.
It's GR3 im bad at which makes me drop. My issue is that i dont have time to consistently play.

GR4 is easy to settle into. Gr3 i suffer from mistakes and generally dont have the pace i have in GR4.
I drop and loose SR as well. I end up playing with people who think ever corner is a passing opportunity. I get stuck here for a bit then i go back up.

Then my time gets limited which leads to a rinse and repeat.

I just need to 'git gud' at GR3.

I've been suffering the so called "harsher penalty algorithm" for DR:A or A+ players.

2cTUJZz.png

Since the current algorithm been introduced I've already got DR reset 9 times. NINE TIMES!!!

It is very unfair that some tiny contact can cause such ridiculous penalties just because you're higher ranked IMO.

The coming fix regarding penalty system just comes too late. but anyway better late than never.

I've been suffering the so called "harsher penalty algorithm" for DR:A or A+ players.

2cTUJZz.png

Since the current algorithm been introduced I've already got DR reset 9 times. NINE TIMES!!!

It is very unfair that some tiny contact can cause such ridiculous penalties just because you're higher ranked IMO.

The coming fix regarding penalty system just comes too late. but anyway better late than never.

Holy crap !!

2cTUJZz.png

With all due respect, it looks like you're just a dirty driver. 9 times is a ludicrously high amount to achieve without it never being your fault...

With all due respect, it looks like you're just a dirty driver. 9 times is a ludicrously high amount to achieve without it never being your fault...

All up to your judgment.

But to consider I race more than others do(over 1350 races) you can say that there are higher chances I get caught by a bad driver/race/day.

5BB2D74A-4DE9-48FC-99D8-E98432095BEA.png
I also have been brutally affected by the penalties system, got reset at 68k dr to 15k and it’s taken me like 30 days to just get back up s/a+ rank again still 16k from where I was though, my races total at this point is 578 races finished, 162 wins 100 poles and 200 fastest laps

A lot of people are mentioning Sr resets which wasn't what I wanted people to talk about. I was curious if anyone just keeps going back and forth between dr ranks because their peak skill level appears to have fallen on that line.

I keep going between B and A a couple of good or bad races. I cannot get higher in Dr because I think I reached my max capabilities. I have never experienced an Sr reset.

Constantly bumping from mid DR-B and low DR-A , I've been online racing since the dawn of it and I'm always raround 2 secs off the fastest guys so only natural this will happen , if I get combos which suit me my driver rating goes up and when they don't it goes down , also I'll quit races which seem to be descending into chaos which artificially lowers my rating .

All up to your judgment.

But to consider I race more than others do(over 1350 races) you can say that there are higher chances I get caught by a bad driver/race/day.

I apologize, but I don't buy that argument. I've done nearly 600 races (so about half of the ones you have done) and I've never experienced an Sr reset. I'd buy your argument if you were reset once or twice... but nearly 10 times? That is in your hands.

You guys probably just need better quali times. The nights I don't get within 0.5-1.5sec of the top 10 list I'm usually put mid-field or in the back at SR Sand I notice my DR drops over the course of the night.

More DR comes from placing as high as possible and it's a hell of a lot harder to get in the top 5 consistently when you have to fight through that midfield chaos than it is when you just start there to begin with.

I'll bet if you spend 20 more min really going for a hot lap aggressively your time will place you slightly higher and you will average slightly higher DR levels and avoid that DRB risk.

All up to your judgment.

I'm in the top 10 most races completed, 3355 atm, always drawn to the high risk races and often raced without qualifying and haven't been qualifying at all for weeks now. The chances of me meeting a bad driver in a race are 100%, about 2 per race while gaining 7 to 14 positions per race. Penalties are (were) harsh yet you could definitely improve!
i3Qc.jpg

I've had 3 DR resets, first two from draft bumping on Blue moon, self inflicted mostly as I knew what I was doing was getting heavily penalized. (Yet it was just too much fun picking a co-op buddy and leave the field behind) The last one was on Sarthe last Saturday where I could not escape the SR deductions for people bumping into me and ramming me off the road on the way up from last place. It still took a marathon of 20+ races to eventually drop to SR.E and only 10 races the next day while racing competitively from last on Bathurst to max SR again.

However my non qualifying streak all started to get out of DR.A and race under DR.B penalties. SR deductions were less harsh there as well as penalties. Yet if you do qualify, once you drop to SR.B you should get easy poles and wins if you can normally get to A+, how do you drop so far down?

Anyway I bounce around a lot. Since I stopped qualifying I have sometimes crossed the B A line multiple times in a single night. Before that I dropped back to DR.B twice due to a faulty controller (max 95% thrust on R2) I'm on my 4th controller now for GTS :/

I always end the day at SR.99. However KP records the starts at 8pm, 7 to 8 is crash happy hour, yet later in the night it should be easy to regain SR. If you only race during the worst times of the day, then those resets make a lot more sense under the old DR.A rulings. Still once you hit SR.B you should be out in front with qualifying.

Back