Anyone else done the Sarthe WTC 700 race post update?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Just finished the race in 1st place with the clean race bonus, but only got paid 330,000cr in total?!

Curious to know if its happened to anyone else or not since this isn't the first time I've had a random amount of credits given for that race.

If you're stopped in the pit when time expires, any cars that are on pit road but still moving are allowed to pull up to their own pit box and stop. If that puts them ahead of you, you'll lose places and not be able to do anything about it. The same applies at Spa, but as I found out yesterday, if you've left your box but are still on pit road when time expires, even under AI control, you'll be allowed to complete another lap.
Never finish a race in the pit unless you absolutely have to.

I was waiting near the finish line for the timer to count down at the end of lap 6, the 2nd and 3rd place cars went in to the pits and it said I was in 3rd, then when I drove over to the finish line after the timer had reached zero it put me back in 1st, then I crossed the line in 1st, and then the game also said I finshed 1st.

I just checked as I recorded the previous 15 mins of footage after seeing the 330,000cr prize money. So the game has glitched out somewhere.

The glitch was in reporting first place. If those two cars crossed the finish line before you did, they technically won anyway. There is no way to know precisely when they crossed the line, just that the game counts them as bring in the pit box immediately when they enter the pit. the pit boxes are after the line on the beginning of the next lap.
I have lost this race and Spa in exactly the same way more than once.
If you're burning through the final chicane on either track and an AI car enters pit road before you cross the start/finish line, they'll "pass" you automatically and if they were on the same lap as you, you'll lose to them.
Don't be in the pit when a race ends, and however long your put stops are taking, try and win by that amount of time at least. On those two races the AI is cheap like that. At The Human Comedy it's not as big of an issue. The AI attempted to simply chase me down at Kyoto, Tsukuba, and Red Bull Ring, leaving me to win by less than five seconds at each. At Autopolis, Alsace, and Deep Forest I embarrassed them all by several laps. I haven't golded the last two yet.
The best strategy for Le Mans is a 787b with IM tires and 8 laps like a scolded cat. If you don't have that car, any Mazda with a classic 26B engine will do, or you can use anything with the R92 engine or an F150 or F1500, the only differences in those last two are a zero and one goes muddin'.

Last edited:
I was waiting near the finish line for the timer to count down at the end of lap 6, the 2nd and 3rd place cars went in to the pits and it said I was in 3rd, then when I drove over to the finish line after the timer had reached zero it put me back in 1st, then I crossed the line in 1st, and then the game also said I finshed 1st.

I just checked as I recorded the previous 15 mins of footage after seeing the 330,000cr prize money. So the game has glitched out somewhere.
if there is video of this please post as proof...as i will do when i get home tonight it will be the first thing i do on the game

Last edited:
Its strange though how there has been many times in the past when I've waited at the end of lap 6, the cars behind have pitted after catching up, and I've crossed the finish line after they have been in the pits for like 15-20 seconds, and I have still won. They had only been in for like 5-10 seconds this time. This is why I'm confused about it as it contradicts my past experience.

The event is very easy though but I still enjoy it, I normally use a C7 Stringray I tuned especially for this event, to be good on fuel and have good top end speed despite fairly low (395hp) peak power. Lap times ranging from 4:02 to 4:08 with only 1 pit stop on either lap 2 or 3. Usually 3 to 5 minutes ahead depending on weather. Used an old skool style mk3 Supra race build with a manual trans and no downforce this time though for a change.

Watched the video (thanks and sorry to ask proof) and possibly happened what Shadow0460 had said previously...
If those two cars crossed the finish line before you did, they technically won anyway. There is no way to know precisely when they crossed the line, just that the game counts them as bring in the pit box immediately when they enter the pit. the pit boxes are after the line on the beginning of the next lap.
I have lost this race and Spa in exactly the same way more than once.
If you're burning through the final chicane on either track and an AI car enters pit road before you cross the start/finish line, they'll "pass" you automatically and if they were on the same lap as you, you'll lose to them.
but i still will run this race tonight when i get home to investigate furtrher

Last edited:
Been using the Super Silhouette lately. Super easy winner. Today’s weather was very light to no rain. I never changed tires, just stopped for gas twice. Timing was off a little because of no rain slowed laps so I had to go seven laps. Full payout. 4* ticket gave me a Ruf engine. That was nice.

You just loose your place cause cars at the pit went in front of you BEFORE time expires ,what you did after isn't count cause time expire anyway.

There isn't any glitch about that .
You just need to " calculate " better the time that's left if is enough for 6 lap or needed and a 7th one.

Don't waste your time to find an " answer" or a glitch about it .
Its just bad judgement of the time left and playing with the fire, must cost you some burn from time to time.
It happens to me also one time but isn't game's fault ( at least this one) .

Sorry for double post , just saw your vid and things are as @shadow0460 wrote.
Also you can see the AI catch you while he was entering the pits .

What really is a glitch on this race is the time sheet at the end which saws the AI far back from what they really are in reality when the race is at 6 laps and you wait at finish straight.

Practically, isn't worth to deal with it more , just do one lap more or gain few more seconds to put you out of this situation .

What really is a glitch on this race is the time sheet at the end which saws the AI far back from what they really are in reality when the race is at 6 laps and you wait at finish straight.
Who knows where cars in the pits really are at what time? Not even the game does, it only knows you are in the pits
In my usual daily race of 1h Lake Maggiore, I often see the AI cars overtaking me (on the leaderboard) while I am in the pits, but when my stop is finished I still come out in the lead on the actual track. It cant show this accuratly, because the cars in the pits basically dont exist in between the lines, they are estimated somewhere.

Also, not directly related, the game doesnt 100% accuralty measure the time passed until the event is ended.
There is a slight window of opportunity.
The game doesnt actually really wait for 30m00s to pass.

In my case this was 1h Lake Maggiore
1689890524428-png.1274150

It might happen you still have to spend a full lap at that point if you are just slighty faster when you actually wanted to end it.
Lesson to be learned: be better at timing your checkered flag. Oldtimer rally drivers (consistency, not speed) surely know this craft 😅

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone :cheers:

Maybe in the past when I've waited and they have been in the pit for longer but still given me 1st place I've been parked close enough to the line that the cars have not overtaken me before the timer expires, unlike this time. If I was in my C7 Stingray I probably would have just done lap 7 as I would have been way faster overall.

It's the same bug as before - for the AI at Sarthe...and only for the AI, the point where they trigger the pit animation sequence is considered the finish line. If you cross the finish line after the AI reaches that point before time runs out for them and after time runs out for you, no matter where the AI is on pit lane, you'll be scored behind them in the final classification.

Last edited:
Back