Anyone else driven the 25th anniversary Countach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Odnomre
  • 8 comments
  • 1,362 views
Messages
1,085
Netherlands
Dutchietown
Messages
Odnomre
This is one of my favorite cars (Thank you, NFS III :lol:). I put the 5000 QV spoiler on it from GT auto, driving it on Sports Hards... It just handles like a dream. Slight oversteer through high speed corners, easily controllable through low speed ones. Just amazing.

Any of you guys had a chance to drive it yet? Thoughts?

Siracusaavond_zpsba8c517a.jpg
 
Last edited:
Awesome car, more power than the base 70s Countach. You are right about oversteer, which plagues many MR cars and in GT6 is overexaggerated a bit. Though for Lambo's in the game, it is one of the better handling ones. (Aventador and Reventon need some skill and tuning to make that work)
 
Poster car of my youth! Right after the game's release, someone posted a photo of the Countach with the custom wing here, and I thought "oh good Lord"... and had to have one. Its 2nd ~ 3rd gear shift is still horrible, but I can't bring myself to not keep it otherwise stock.
 
Last edited:
Something I noticed though... When using the cockpit cam for this car, it lacks the side mirrors... Which it does have when looking at it in chase cam. Strange oversight.
 
If it handles well, the physics modeling of it cannot be based on the real car. No countach handled well, it was very poor aerodynamically and with the rear wing attached, top speed was lowered by about 20kph.

I've driven an LP500. Most awkward car I've got into, you sit in a diagonal position as the pedals aren't in line with the steering wheel at all because of the enormous wheel wells. If you're tall, learn to dislocate your legs from your pelvis! To reverse, sit on the sill with the door open, forget about the rear window, especially on the 25th AE! Just make sure you have a steady foot, that door will drop and cut you in half if you goose the throttle. Vibration from the V12 made the electrics fail often (shook them apart), making the car very unrealiable. I prefered the Tesstarossa, it has a lovely seating position seeing you in a semi-laid pose. When you floor it, it lives upto its name as the spine tingler!

Still, I don't have any bad thoughts on the Countach, it's faults are what gives it its charisma. Those, it's gorgeous sound and outrageous styling make a stunning car, ahead of it's time really. It wouldn't look out of place if it was unveiled tomorrow!

Anyone got screenshots of the interior cam?
 
Last edited:
Was surprised how well it handled, Cockpit view looks shady thanks to the shadows, Sounds nothing like a lambo just as you'd from pd by now.
 
That car is simply beautiful. And well done by PD with adding the rear spoiler option. Them wheels!! Changing them would be sacrilegious.

Nice. I had a 1/24 diecast model in black. 👍

I think that is a 1/24. I had it too!
 
Back