Anyone else find Sending One car to any friend only Once per day annoying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayster
  • 29 comments
  • 2,994 views
Messages
81
I swear to god, all I wanted to do is have my friend tune my car and send it back to me so I can take it for the race. Just because I did this at midnight around 12:58am I need to wait almost 2 days to get my car back because I'm not going to stay up to 12 midnight again for the time to reset since I have work the following day. This is seriously annoying and needs to be re-evaluated. Now I'm one day down without racing because I'm missing my key car to winning my next several races.

They should at least up the limit to 5 or 10 per day or better yet put it back to unlimited. What about those people out there does high volume trading daily for cars? They are now restricted to send only 1 car per day to anyone.

Case and point:
Example, I have 5 race cars I want to trade for someone's F1. How am I suppose to send the guy all 5 race cars in time to get the F1 from the guy? It's going to take me 5 days to transfer 5 cars before I can accomplish my trade with the other guy.
 
Yes it sucks BUT in your example your buddy could have sent the car back as soon as he was done tuning it....

I'm trying to play 2 accounts. I can only send one "helper" car to the 2nd account per day. This really slows down progress on the second account. I'm only doing it because GT5 gets boring when you get to the Endurance races and you don't win cars for redoing the earlier races. So why not play a 2nd account?
 
On XMB go all the way to the left, click triangle on your name and log out, then log back in and you can send another car, think you have to quit the game each time you do it but it does work as I tried with success.
 
absolutely, as i'm currently trading a lot
 
On XMB go all the way to the left, click triangle on your name and log out, then log back in and you can send another car, think you have to quit the game each time you do it but it does work as I tried with success.

So you send your chosen car, then do this?
 
Yes it sucks BUT in your example your buddy could have sent the car back as soon as he was done tuning it....

I'm trying to play 2 accounts. I can only send one "helper" car to the 2nd account per day. This really slows down progress on the second account. I'm only doing it because GT5 gets boring when you get to the Endurance races and you don't win cars for redoing the earlier races. So why not play a 2nd account?

I forgot to mention that once I send my car to him for tuning, he sent me his car so I can tune his too. We are both stuck with each other's car.
 
YES, its super irritating since I'm trading a lot these days.
 
On XMB go all the way to the left, click triangle on your name and log out, then log back in and you can send another car, think you have to quit the game each time you do it but it does work as I tried with success.

Does this definitely work?
Because it didn't work for me...
 
On XMB go all the way to the left, click triangle on your name and log out, then log back in and you can send another car, think you have to quit the game each time you do it but it does work as I tried with success.


This has never worked for me - I log into 3 different PSN id's daily to swap cars around. Doesn't work.
 
The limit is there to keep the pro-grinding purists from lynching anyone who might try and get a car that they don't deserve in the purists eyes.
 
It sucks for people who want to legitimately trade back and forth, you can thank those people who exploit the trading tool for the 1 per day cap.
 
Apparently, PD thinks generosity needs to be limited, go figure!


:lol:
 
Yes, especially if you're duping..:rolleyes:

I thought people could still do it even with the 1 per day cap, like there was a loophole, is duping really affected by the 1 per day rule?

VBR
Apparently, PD thinks generosity needs to be limited, go figure!


:lol:

lol We all know the real reason why they put the limit, don't say its because PD doesn't want people to be generous :)
 
I thought people could still do it even with the 1 per day cap, like there was a loophole, is duping really affected by the 1 per day rule?

Just means that you can only dupe once a day.
 
It sucks for people who want to legitimately trade back and forth, you can thank those people who exploit the trading tool for the 1 per day cap.

So was the 1-per-day cap put in place BEFORE 'the glitch' was uncovered, or AFTER?
 
I got 67 friends on my profile, some of them I get along with really well and have helped me in the past. I was fortunate enough to have to time to progress further into the game, sooner, than many of them.

I've been sharing my cars with my friends since day 2, I find it really frustrating that I'm not a trader, I'm not duplicating cars or gettings cars from the birthday glitch, all I want to do is repay the favours and help my friends who have helped me previously by helping them now, but I can't because of this one car per day rule.

When there's 1000+ cars in the game, and with the introduction of levels and grinding to level up, I feel this limit is unrealistic.

I don't think dramatic changes need to be made, even if it was simply increased to 2 cars per day, that, for me personally, would be a much better situation.
 
I got 67 friends on my profile, some of them I get along with really well and have helped me in the past. I was fortunate enough to have to time to progress further into the game, sooner, than many of them.

I've been sharing my cars with my friends since day 2, I find it really frustrating that I'm not a trader, I'm not duplicating cars or gettings cars from the birthday glitch, all I want to do is repay the favours and help my friends who have helped me previously by helping them now, but I can't because of this one car per day rule.

When there's 1000+ cars in the game, and with the introduction of levels and grinding to level up, I feel this limit is unrealistic.

I don't think dramatic changes need to be made, even if it was simply increased to 2 cars per day, that, for me personally, would be a much better situation.

please express your concerns here. This topic is starting to get heated.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153554
 
So was the 1-per-day cap put in place BEFORE 'the glitch' was uncovered, or AFTER?

The one-car-per-day limit has been in since the very, very first day.
 
The one-car-per-day limit has been in since the very, very first day.


I don't think so - used to send 5-6 VW Kubels to my main account in a day!
 
I don't think so - used to send 5-6 VW Kubels to my main account in a day!

Woah, seen a doctor about that. Lol.
 
I don't think so - used to send 5-6 VW Kubels to my main account in a day!

Was this with the birthday glitch, by deleting your save data after each time you sent?

There was still a limit :). However, now it's tied to your PSN account as opposed to your save game data.
 
I find it annoying when friends asks you everyday to send a car, I have 4 people wanting me to send cars, I send them a car then they sell it to get more money, they dont race an save up for it.
 
I have to use the exploit from my cousin.

Had all the stealth cars, only to lose them when I deleted my other account:ouch:
 
I'm thinking a good compromise might be something like allow one car to be sent per unique PSN ID, up to a maximum of 3 to 5 max.

Even better, one car gifted per unique PSN ID per day, with no upper limit, but the recipient PSN ID must also be tied to a (separate) unique PS3 machine. Retain the limit of one car traded per day between accounts on the same machine. This will allow users to trade freely with multiple unique individuals (real friends) in the same day without increasing the ease of duping.

People who want to do massive duping would then need to go out and either buy multiple PS3's, or form an organized duping ring.
 
Last edited:
Retain the limit of one car traded per day between accounts on the same machine. This will allow users to trade freely with multiple unique individuals (real friends) in the same day without increasing the ease of duping.

But that would really screw us schizophrenic types now wouldn't it?

:D
 
But that would really screw us schizophrenic types now wouldn't it?

:D

maybe a little :sly:
Not that my suggestion will ever be implemented in 100 years, but it basically imposes the same limits that we face now for trades that occur within the same PS3 system. So it's no better or worse in that context.
 
People who want to do massive duping would then need to go out and either buy multiple PS3's, or form an organized duping ring.

Isn't there already an organized duping ring? They call it "GTPlanet Marketplace".
 
PD basically made the limit so drastic, it's like replacing your car's engine every time it needs an oil change.

3 a day would be much appreciated.
 
Back