Anyone else had GT5 lock up on them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr_durdan
  • 13 comments
  • 3,138 views
Messages
13
United States
Chesterfield, M
Messages
mr_durdan
Game locked up when I tried to redo a license exam. I selected "start" at the bottom left of the license test screen, all the icons at the bottom disappeared like it was loading, but nothing happened. Had to quit the game, and I lost the silver license I had earned on that test.
 
Only once when I was changing a car number lol :P
 
Yes, OP. My game locked up the same way when I went to redo a license test.
 
Mine froze up after I redeemed my prize car from the Sunday Cup. Luckily no data was lost.
 
Yes. 2 times yesterday. Once in arcade mode while playing and once when entering a one make race in practice
 
i wasnt online - no ethernet cable connected at all

Even if you're ethernet cable isn't connected I believe that the game is actually still trying to access on a online service but obviously can't. The game then hangs until it times out. Obviously you don't see the timeout message but something is definitely happening in the background. I've had to wait about a 60-90 seconds until it starts responding again.

Most people will assume it's crashed after 30 seconds and then proceed to switch there console off which can cause corrupt saved games.
 
once after national B test, I wouldn't say frozen, just no cursor or controls.
 
Same symptoms when exiting to home screen. It feels like it was still installing/caching in the background - reason I say this is because it seems to be happening less as i progress in the game. All icons disappeared and no arrow/cursor for about 2 minutes then it came back. I would wait up to five minutes before resetting.
 
Back