Anyone else have issues with the L2/R2(break/accell)

  • Thread starter Thread starter covan2306
  • 6 comments
  • 1,737 views
Messages
165
United States
MI
Messages
covan2306
I just noticed that PD have done something to R2/L2 sensitivity(L2 brakes, R2 POWWAAHHH), I used these on gt5 to my form of perfection, started gt6 with a broken controller using X and [ ], I got a new cotroller yesterday and it will apply full power before I even press the trigger 1/4 way in. Not fun on a 812hp Yellowhat GT-R with no assists.



I prefer this method for my driving due to the pedal like motion, and ability to feather the button a lot better than the thumb sticks, or the tiny little buttons.
 
Last edited:
Maybe its a fault controller, my DS3 is actually a few years old (4-5) and I bash on it a lot, perfect sensitivity and throttle control. You can see your brake and gas inputs, maybe its the car. 812 hp unleashed 1/4 the way in is still pretty intense.
 
Check all the calibration settings... I'm now sure how to do that for the pad though. A search around GTP should turn up some good advice I guess ;)
 
I have no problem with throttle control, it's the brakes that are difficult for me.
Normal brakes are fine but race brakes combined with a DS3, comfort meds and no ABS are challenging. But still very doable if you put the brake balance at 1-1 or 2-2 something like that.
 
After a full night racing, I started to get my tuning down. For my some of the new physics have offset a few things that I was used to tuning around in GT5. Little learning curve and it seems better. Still the 1st 1/8" of the button seems very jumpy. So yeah this is probably more of a case of me being inpatient.
 
I have the same issue with both breaks and throttle... But I also have a wheel so I tend to use the controller for sub 550pp

But I'm lazy, so I haven't even tried the wheel in GT 6 yet.
 
I have the same issues with high hp turbo cars. If you give it a little bit of gas, it seems like the turbo spools instantly and then spins the rears. Partial throttle at lower rpms should only partially spool the turbo IMHO.
 
Back