Anyone else have trouble racing with the Cayman?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NevilleNobody
  • 6 comments
  • 1,021 views
Messages
5,043
Canada
Canada
And by racing i mean racing, not qualifying.

At Gardens I ran my fastest qualifying lap in the Cayman Group 4, finish a solid half second up on the Lancer, 7/10ths on the lambo and leaving the vette and Ferrari for dust. With the new model having so much understeer the little buzzer actually turns in and I find i can get on the power much earlier than with the other cars.

But in the race, nope, I get mugged. I get passed on the straights and am generally bullied and this car just doesn't recover well as it doesn't have the power, so now i am vulnerable into the next corner, rinse and repeat. In one race i went from pole to 8th :(

Anyone else?
 
I think the issue is DTG, the circuit rewards momentum, punishes you hard for every mistake and with 4 main accleration zones you're stuffed if your car doesn't have the grunt.
 
Yeah oddly enough the car suits the track but is a bad combination if offline of losing momentum.
 
The Cayman is top tier in many of the top split lobbies. Just on fuel saving alone it's fantastic.
 
Sometimes the decision of what car is best to race needs to take into account more than hotlap times.
The caymans great no doubt but you’re not running hot laps,with the whole field out there unless you get pole and walk away
 
The current BOP makes the GR4 Cayman OP. Especially with (yawn) tyre and fuel wear. If it isn’t at the front, it’s because of the driver, not the car. If the driver makes mistakes, it doesn’t have the horsepower to stay ahead.
 
Back