Anyone else having issues with Bathurst glitches ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 13 comments
  • 957 views
Messages
401
Australia
Wollongong
Messages
sb170773
Great track, but PLEASE PD, get to the bottom of why its so damn glitchy.

I had to reset 3 times last night, game always freezes at this track. Everywhere else is fine for me. All the guys i race with have major issues here as well. :grumpy: :banghead: If its not a freeze, its the sound.....

Tonight my league guys had frozen lobbies requiring full reboots.

Talk about frustrating.


PD, if you are looking for ways of "driving" (no pun intended) people away, you are doing a mighty fine job.

The more this rubbish happens, Game lock ups and unstable lobbies, the more likely people are to jump ship later in the year when the other well known titles hit the shelves.

PD, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE PLAYING YOUR GAME ? Sometimes i wonder. :mad:
 
Great track, but PLEASE PD, get to the bottom of why its so damn glitchy.

I had to reset 3 times last night, game always freezes at this track. Everywhere else is fine for me. All the guys i race with have major issues here as well. :grumpy: :banghead: If its not a freeze, its the sound.....

Tonight my league guys had frozen lobbies requiring full reboots.

Talk about frustrating.


PD, if you are looking for ways of "driving" (no pun intended) people away, you are doing a mighty fine job.

The more this rubbish happens, Game lock ups and unstable lobbies, the more likely people are to jump ship later in the year when the other well known titles hit the shelves.

PD, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE PLAYING YOUR GAME ? Sometimes i wonder. :mad:
What you said is one of the many, many, many reasons that i switched to iracing.
 
You do know that there is scenery surrounding the track for 5+ square miles, right? That is a TON of 🤬 to load!
 
What you said is one of the many, many, many reasons that i switched to iracing.

MLB, i understand why you did, and we certainly have lost a few guys from our leagues because of the constant glitching.

We all understand that a games this big cant be "perfect", and there will be some issues, but FOR THE LOVE OF (insert the word you like) can you fix the glitches that make the game near damn impossible to play. 14 in a league lobby regularly becomes 8 or 10, usually different guys on different weeks using the same host with solid connection. :banghead:

If i was able to put the time and money into iRacing i would probably be there 2 years ago, but for me its plug and play racing, ie PS3 and 4.

If PCARS provides stable lobbies and less glitching i hope PD is ready for a mass walkout. We have upwards of 70 drivers registered for our next season, and over half are fed up with it and just waiting for an opportunity to walk to another plug and play option.

SO 🤬 FRUSTRATING
 
MLB, i understand why you did, and we certainly have lost a few guys from our leagues because of the constant glitching.

We all understand that a games this big cant be "perfect", and there will be some issues, but FOR THE LOVE OF (insert the word you like) can you fix the glitches that make the game near damn impossible to play. 14 in a league lobby regularly becomes 8 or 10, usually different guys on different weeks using the same host with solid connection. :banghead:

If i was able to put the time and money into iRacing i would probably be there 2 years ago, but for me its plug and play racing, ie PS3 and 4.

If PCARS provides stable lobbies and less glitching i hope PD is ready for a mass walkout. We have upwards of 70 drivers registered for our next season, and over half are fed up with it and just waiting for an opportunity to walk to another plug and play option.

SO 🤬 FRUSTRATING
I have tried my best to host gt6 leagues, average of something like 6 or 8 people a race, and thats being generous...there are so many things wrong with gt6 that i dont even know where to start. I have spent many a many a many of hours playing gt6 , and after i started playing iracing it is very very clear that all that time was a complete waste. I understand the cost of iracing is high, but after i have spent $850 on a custom pc build , a years subscription ( half price ) , and about $300 on game content, i assure you that it was worth every single penny. If you want online racing at its best, i highly recommend you look into iracing.
 
BTT:
Same here with Bathurst.
Although my PS3 [late slim k-model] has a new shiny laser unit (before no game and especially GT6 weren't playable anymore) this track kills her every time - regardless which lobby settings I or another host is running it on.

Race quality high, low, voicechat yes or no, limited grid - everytime the same behaviour:
Bathurst eventually loads, voicechat begins to crackle and an instant freeze is very possible and happens in 80% of attempts to race there together.
If it's voted somewhere I'm now in a hurry to quit the lobby as fast as I can to save my PS3 from freezing and losing the low amount of ingame cash plus altered car settings after e.g. a two hours session without any problems.

It's only on Bathurst, though and always online with other people things go worse; of course, a lot of my online buddys have similar issues with it.
I don't wanna talk about the huge framerate issues there, I'm already used to PS3's limits.
When Bathurst appears in seasonals or offline carrier, everything is fine.

What a shame, such a wonderful new track to the game isn't playable online after seven months since game release.
 
Online this track is horrid for glitches. I've had the experience of full audio drop. Not only chat, but the engine and tires. Makes for a difficult and frustrating time.
 
I knew this thread was coming, and it's about time. It really doesn't make sense that one of the NEW most highly anticipated tracks to come to GT does this and I see it's not just me.

I love GT but sometimes I do scratch my head in disbelief on some of the decisions PD makes. It kind of reminds me of Pimp my Ride, X used to pick up some hooptys right, then go and hook them up with all this fancy work, fish tanks, rims, bodykits and fancy paint and sound systems. But you rarely seen them do anything to the engine, and I used to be like you can have the most greatest looking car on the road but if it can't get down the road or it's smoking or can barely start what good is all that fancy customization?

Long story short, they do need to at least fix things in the game first, before adding anything, no cars, no tracks, no GTA, nothing. It's funny how they can add this track in GTAcademy and seasonals or offline but we can't play online.:confused:
 
I've had mixed results on this track from different updates. Lately its been more stable with fewer people in the lobby, but any more than 6 or so will cause the entire lobby to randomly freeze and hard reboot. I've had that happen 3 times in an hour one night, while another night not freeze at all in over 2 hours on the track with 4 people.
 
Yep, this track is broken/glitched in online mode :( very sad really because its a great track and I miss it!! In the first two or three months there were no issues, I simply cant understand why there are issues now... :banghead: I hope it gets fixed ASAP.
 
I have no problem OFF line with the track.

But, online is a bug filled, freeze fest. I host a Saturday night room and this is the only track I ask you not to vote for.

Unplayable online. So sad, as I really, really enjoy racing here.
 
Thanks stucar, I have been complaining about the poor online racing for a few months now. Bathurst is virtually unplayable online for me. I tried to complain to Sony as PD have no way of contacting them directly but they were not interested. I guess it isn't high on anybody's priority list.
I am also trying iRacing at the moment. Not sure why you don't think it is plug and play! I am trying it because I noticed my notebook has a HDMI socket. I moved the notebook over near the PS3 downloaded the software, installed the Logitech software for my DFGT wheel and presto I was racing. I have been doing a little tweeking but got things running acceptably after only a few weeks and am now eligible for promotion to C class road licence. Not too many cars but the physics seems okay to me, the sounds are out of this world compared to the vacuum cleaners and the tracks (including Bathurst) are excellent. Its not that expensive either to have a try. I searched for some coupons and found one that got me a three month trial for US$9.00. I guess I'll spend some money if I keep going but if it proves to be as enjoyable as I think it will, then, I don't think it will be any more expensive than most other hobbies/pasttimes.
 
Back