Anyone else in love with the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11 yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter transpaqua
  • 19 comments
  • 1,668 views
Messages
113
United States
Oklahome
Messages
transpaqua
My new favorite baby:
City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg


As of late, I've been buying stock cars (oil change, no tuning, Sport Soft tires) to hot-lap around Grand Valley. It's the track I'm most consistent on. After a several warm up laps, getting a feel for the car's limits, I can robotic-ly slam out lap times within a few tenths of each other.

And man, this thing is a blast! Seriously drove (and ended up doing some bolt-on tuning, hehe :sly:) this thing for at least six hours the other night.

Putting it on a weight reduction diet (1940 kg stock !!!) really brings it to life. Full aero kit, stage 3 weight reduction on RH I was pulling 1:52.xx's @ Grand Valley. It becomes a monster in the 580pp range (iirc) set up like that. The stock suspension is so superb, that "upgrading" it with all the other kits, i ran slower.:confused:

But what really blew my mind, is that stock setup on SS tires... I was only running ~2 seconds slower than a stock C7 Stingray on SS, both at Grand Valley.

If you haven't taken this beast out for a spin yet, I can't reccomend it highly enough. A very rewarding car to push to absolute limits, especially with a little weight reduction.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1.jpg
 
Loving the car will have to try this out.

P.S:what are the name of the wheels please
 
Loving the car will have to try this out.

P.S:what are the name of the wheels please

RAYS 57Gainer

They come in a few different colors, I just thought the blue accent on black set it it off nicely. One inch above standard size. Not painted, they look exactly like this when installed.

For the pics, I lowered the suspension a LOT and added pretty heavy camber for that "stanced" look.
 
Cheers for the wheels but decided in the end to choose different ones will post my pics later this week cheers
 
Last edited:
Good car for sure. Really nice runner at 505
 
I would've preferred it had been a wagon, but the I'm really glad they added at least one CTS-V variant. I do enjoy it but I'm kinda bummed it uses the same sound clip from the ZR1...

I also really like the little lip spoiler you can add in the aero section. Nice touch!
 
I guess it looked okay before you put an un-coloured Carbon-Bonnet on it.
 
I would've preferred it had been a wagon, but the I'm really glad they added at least one CTS-V variant. I do enjoy it but I'm kinda bummed it uses the same sound clip from the ZR1...

I also really like the little lip spoiler you can add in the aero section. Nice touch!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain they both use the same LS series engine.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain they both use the same LS series engine.
The ZR1 uses the LS9, and the CTS-V uses the LSA.

The LSA is loosely based on the LS9, but has different internals, exhaust manifolds, cats, etc. They do not sound the same.
 
I try to buy American cars in the game, and in real life. The CTS-V is a fun car and I'm glad you guys agree. Why are some people so critical as to what we do with our cars? It's all personal taste. I guess its their world and we just live in it.
 
Good looking car...I will give it a try today
 
Bought the Caddy this morn...Great car fun to drive and loads of power
Thinking about getting the other caddy too...if nothing else to add to my collection
 
No -
First time I saw it. I mistook it for a Prius.

First time I drove it in GT6 I was amazed how Jeff Gordon seemed to echo in my head like Obi Wan Kenobi... "Remember: the car is HEAVY!"

Styling at least is a bit different, But it is not a design classic like the Honda Life Step Van.
 
Amazing car, right out of the box. Great fun to drive.
 
Back