Anyone else in my shape? AT a must

• Thread starter fletch409
  • 3 comments
terfletch
Hey - I'm a purist in real life - love my manual tranny, but I have rather persistent left hand problems which have necessitated the AT selection as my GT5 gearbox (haven't got a wheel - - YET)...Let me tell you - this is a REAL challenge! Just like on the street, I can run away from most auto-shifters with much more under the hood than I possess...Anyway, I am currently facing the S10 race as my last obstacle before my Formula purchase. How many of you out there have reached this point with nothing but the AT being utilized? And finally - what is the consensus opinion for the proper vehicle? I'm leaning towards the Lotus Elise/tuned....

I use AT, I hate manual on the normal controller and I dont have a wheel.
S10 well gears are very important, you slightly tap the brake in at to shift down and take the corner then speed up again, slow in fast out.
I did it in the Ford GT LM Spec II, get to know the AI and its a race not to hard to do.

just converted to Manual like 2 years ago in GT.. like you im a purist and i race cars in reality blah blah

and as most games i didn't think playing in Manual made a difference.. however after switching and being able to rev-match down shift lol i feel in love... also not to mention the seconds shaved off becuase you able to select the gear you want..

im also a controller player... i have a DPF II, but i don't use it much.

and as most games i didn't think playing in Manual made a difference.. however after switching and being able to rev-match down shift lol i feel in love... also not to mention the seconds shaved off becuase you able to select the gear you want...

If you want full control of your car AT is not the way to go. MT is the only way you can pull the full power out of your car. AT will shift for you and it might not be at the RPM you need leaving you dragging in the next gear. Lean MT you will see what I mean.

:)

Back