Anyone else name corners on the original tracks without even thinking about it?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
I don't know why but they just start taking on names as I get used to driving them.

For Lago Maggiore turn 5 the long uphill turn is Oshkosh Bigosh, Turns 12&13 the flat out left followed by the flat out right are GoPro, 14&15 which are almost one double apex are Magic The Gathering, etc, etc.

I've noticed PD's original tracks are formulaic. They all have "gimmick" turns. For example, Lago has the huge banked turn, DT has the Monaco chicanes, DTG has the 4 horsemen, so on and so forth. That's usually the first thing I look out for, and aptly name it the Gimmick.

I've noticed PD's original tracks are formulaic. They all have "gimmick" turns. For example, Lago has the huge banked turn, DT has the Monaco chicanes, DTG has the 4 horsemen, so on and so forth. That's usually the first thing I look out for, and aptly name it the Gimmick.

Tsk, Tsk. It's not called the Monaco chicanes it's called the swimming pool.

I'm hereby referring to Dragon Trail Seaside's bus stop as the "Wall of Chumps". If I had to name other corners now, a certain corner on Croix A would be called "Hill's Flick" after the player who killed my qualifying lap on that turn. Tokyo East turn 1 is "Holy Calamity" (this title would go to Monza T1 but it already has a real life name). And Yamagiwa's chicane is simply called "Penalty". I'll think up of something for the Maggoire hairpin later.

I'm hereby referring to Dragon Trail Seaside's bus stop as the "Wall of Chumps". If I had to name other corners now, a certain corner on Croix A would be called "Hill's Flick" after the player who killed my qualifying lap on that turn. Tokyo East turn 1 is "Holy Calamity" (this title would go to Monza T1 but it already has a real life name). And Yamagiwa's chicane is simply called "Penalty". I'll think up of something for the Maggoire hairpin later.

I love that hairpin. It always feels like you can squeeze out another thousandth of a second.

Only ever named one corner and it was in GT6 on the Sierra track. Called it Varejo after Ex Cavs player because it's by the 17 board and that was his number.

I call the right handers at the end of DTG, the "Four Brothers". Like that Mark Wahlberg movie. They'll get ya. :):lol:
That's Club Corner, on account of the music you hear there.

It would be cool if this website had a catalog of track maps with defined corner names and natural racing lines. We could then run polls for naming the respective corners in order to help catalogue them. A lot of work with probably little gain though.

It would be cool if this website had a catalog of track maps with defined corner names and natural racing lines. We could then run polls for naming the respective corners in order to help catalogue them. A lot of work with probably little gain though.

IIRC this was a topic in GT6, didn't get that far.

Back