anyone else seen this happen?...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crunch_Monkey
  • 11 comments
  • 918 views
Messages
41
This has happened afew times now with different races and with different cars. So, after completing any given race without any crashes or any type accidents. But, while watching the replay my car will randomly crash into a wall and continue the race trying to figure out how to "get away" from the wall again.
:banghead: :confused:
 
Might be a random glitch in the programming. I've heard of that kind of thing before. Or if you're using any type of cheatcode from an AR2 or something, the replays are fudged because the game can't comprehend the cheat programming that has been enabled when that kind of system is used.
 
Happened to me recently.

I'm thinking it's the replay recreating your race, not recordings. So if there's an error the car shoots off into the wall, then continues give it gas, brake, etc. but it's stuck on the wall so it can't movel.
 
What's happening is that the replays only record your inputs, and play them back in the game's engine. If the replay somehow gets thrown off, your inputs will no longer correctly match the course, and the car will do interesting things.... :D

How the replays are getting thrown off is up to you to figure out. Unless it's just a weird glitch.
 
It never happened to me in replays, but it happens a ton during b-spec mode :( Out of no where my driver will hit the wall, get stuck, and just accelerate.
 
It happened during a race in GT2. I remember it was against the 206 rally car, a head to head rally, on Tahiti Maze. As soon as the race started, the AI would turn into the wall, accelerate, and you had forever to finish the race. After I came around the first lap, I smoked him to get him going, but he then again turned into the wall. Same kinda glitch, and I've seenit happen in other games. Cheats will throw your replays off.
 
Same thing happened to me during a race in GT3. I was racing the Impreza prototype in the final race in the Rally section, and I got him into a wall, where he stayed for a lap and a half. Strangest thing I'd ever seen.

-WatersEdge
 
Never had it happen in GT4, but it happened to me in GT2.

I completed a race as per normal, then watched the replay. In the replay I hit a wall (as you do) but the way my car reacted in the replay was different to how it reacted in the game. Consequently, my car was in a different position in the replay. My inputs were the same, so my car drove into another wall full throttle, and then continued to play out the rest of my race while bouncing from wall to wall... :odd:

What's been said about GT recording your inputs the replaying them is correct - it doesn't just take a recording of the race.

No idea why it happens...
 
Perhaps when the game inputs the recorded commands, they lag, therefore you see the car do strange things. Happened to me once.
 
ive had this happen in gt4 on the money trick rally race. it was against a celica, and on the first turn it ran into the wall and stayed there for the entire race.
 
Back