Anyone else think GT5 needs more 4x4's?

Messages
445
Australia
rainbowland
Messages
clevo_braybon, OneLethalShot
Messages
[Removed]
I have the Range Rover Concept, and the Pikes Peak Quattro, the Pajero rally raid car and that's all I've seen so far. I say ditch the Japanese cars, (enough of them anyway) and put a few more 4x4's in there, Landcruisers, Jeep?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong section brah.

And no, they are useless unless we are going to be driving them offroad.
 
I would say...... "probably."


But I would say, "More 60's, 70's and 80's cars."

Then Kaz would say,"The Nur burger ring is really good too!"

Then I would feel stupid because that has nothing to do with 4x4's.

Then a DLC would be released that costs 70% more in Australia because the 0's and 1's need to travel through our border protection. Then it will be a Toyota version of a Subaru version of a Scion version of a Toyota that we already have.

So back on topic, I hope GT6 is released tomorrow.
 
Sport SUVs like VW Touareg, BMW X3, X5, and Range Rovers Discovery, Vogue, Pajero, Land Cruisers, Hilux, Mitsu Triton, Ford SUVs, Opel Blazers, and mid size trucks, all in premium, yes I want them all, great for off road racing and some track days :D I also want Jimnys, Vitaras, Escudos, newer Mazdas SUVs, Honda HRV, CRV, MDX etc..
 
I say ditch the Japanese cars ... and put a few more 4x4's in there, Landcruisers

What's a Toyota Land Cruiser if it's not a Japanese car? Or the Mitsubishi Pajero for that matter?

Ignoring the AUP busting issues of your post, why should any car be "ditched" to be replaced with something you'd prefer? What if folk enjoy driving the cars you want to "ditch" and don't enjoy driving what you'd put in? Why do you think cars need to be "ditched" so that others can be put in? They're not exactly scrabbling for space on the 25Gb BluRay disc...

Every car in GT5 is every car that could be in GT5. Nothing is missed through reasons of space - no car is occupying a space a different car could occupy. Cars are in the game because:
  • PD knew about them
  • PD wanted them
  • PD acquired a licence to include them
  • PD found an example to model
  • PD managed to model the car before the disc or DLC deadline
To not be in the game only one of those criteria needs to be missed - and I always find it amusing that folk assume the guys making a car encyclopaedia of a game and who've introduced people to cars and car companies many didn't even know existed either didn't know about or didn't want a particular car of their choice.

The varying 4x4s (or SUVs) in the game are:
Audi Pike's Peak Quattro '03 (Q7 Concept)
Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05
Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution Rally Raid Car #200 '03
Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid #189 '85
Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car #6 '98

There are also a number of smaller mini SUVs, like the Honda Element, Hyundai HCD and Toyota RSC.
 
I wouldn't mind a Jeep Wrangler but there are things I want more.
 
im just saying, 80% of my UCD is japanese, and i can hardly find any 4x4's yeah the landrcruiser and pajero is Japanese, but do we really need that many mx5's miatas and skylines?
 
I'm just saying, 80% of my UCD is Japanese, and I can hardly find any 4x4's. Yeah the Landrcruiser and Pajero are Japanese, but do we really need that many MX5's Miatas and Skylines?

Apparently my mentioning it and editing the bold, red corrections was too subtle last time.

You agreed to this when you signed up. Stick to it:


AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

You will also note that the word referring to something from Japan is "Japanese". Do not contract this - it becomes a term of offence.


To answer your question however, what we "need" is irrelevant. That is what we have. Cutting them out will not replace them with anything - it'll just cut them out - and, while there's no good reason to have nameplate clones that are no different (when they could and ought to be), there's even less reason to just remove them after the fact.
 
Yeah, GT5 needs more off road vehicles and a proper game environment to drive them... but let's be honest... GT5 needs many things, but it will NEVER get them... 👎

I think this thread should be moved to the GT6 section... 💡...since it could count as some sort of Wish List...
 
Only AWD car i want is the 1991 GMC Syclone and maybe the Typhoon too.

Nothing like a 1991 Sonoma with AWD and equipped with the Buick GNX twin-turbo V6.
20090916_5_gmc-syclone_320am_zps6d8eb92e.jpg


More info here about the little truck. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Syclone

I mean come one nothing better. It could compete in drag racing against some exotics at the time. I forget which Ferrari was notorious for getting whooped by this truck.
 
I have the Range Rover Concept, and the Pikes Peak Quattro, the Pajero rally raid car and that's all I've seen so far. I say ditch the Japanese cars, (enough of them anyway) and put a few more 4x4's in there, Landcruisers, Jeep?

No..👎
 
I find that all 4WD Rally's and ones that are capable of off road tires are good and I don't think anymore are necessary there are tons of Lancer Evo's and Impreza's that are Rally modded and have dirt tires the only thing it need are more dirt tracks, ones with track jumps like ones found in X Games Rallycross the head-to-head kind of thing.
 
Only AWD car i want is the 1991 GMC Syclone and maybe the Typhoon too.

Nothing like a 1991 Sonoma with AWD and equipped with the Buick GNX twin-turbo V6.
20090916_5_gmc-syclone_320am_zps6d8eb92e.jpg


More info here about the little truck. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Syclone

I mean come one nothing better. It could compete in drag racing against some exotics at the time. I forget which Ferrari was notorious for getting whooped by this truck.

Not the same engine as the GNX.

The gnx engine was a 3.8 litre, air cooled

Syclone has 4.3 litre vortex, liquid cooled. much much faster

but yeah, amazing car. Fastest accelerating car you could buy in 1991
 
I think we'll get plenty (relatively speaking) of new Premium SUV's/4x4's in GT6 but I doubt we'll get new ones for GT5 but then something like the new C7 pops up unexpectedly so you'll never know what's still in store.
Mind you, there was in fact one SUV already added as DLC, the MINI Countryman, although they decided to include the FF version for whatever reason...
 
analog
I think we'll get plenty (relatively speaking) of new Premium SUV's/4x4's in GT6 but I doubt we'll get new ones for GT5 but then something like the new C7 pops up unexpectedly so you'll never know what's still in store.
Mind you, there was in fact one SUV already added as DLC, the MINI Countryman, although they decided to include the FF version for whatever reason...

I actually hate the countryman. I don't understand the logic for a 4 door mini. Plus like that 4 door Porsche... Have you seen that thing? Ugly as sin
 
Apparently my mentioning it and editing the bold, red corrections was too subtle last time.

You agreed to this when you signed up. Stick to it:




You will also note that the word referring to something from Japan is "Japanese". Do not contract this - it becomes a term of offence.


To answer your question however, what we "need" is irrelevant. That is what we have. Cutting them out will not replace them with anything - it'll just cut them out - and, while there's no good reason to have nameplate clones that are no different (when they could and ought to be), there's even less reason to just remove them after the fact.


oh, thats what the red was for. Yeah sorry about that...
 
The Schwimmwagen is a pretty awesome all-terrain vehicle after some tuning. I've got one which could climb a few mountains I imagine. The only problem is that there aren't really any mountains to climb in Gran Turismo :/ An offroad course would be pretty sweet.
 
Wrong section brah.

And no, they are useless unless we are going to be driving them offroad.
Oh come on. More than half of the cars in GT5 are useless with your way of thinking.


GT needs more trucks and SUV's imo. Trying to handle a large vehicle is really fun (imo).
 
I could have simply edited my other post, but I got sidetracked and wasn't paying attention.

What's a Toyota Land Cruiser if it's not a Japanese car? Or the Mitsubishi Pajero for that matter?


The varying 4x4s (or SUVs) in the game are:
Audi Pike's Peak Quattro '03 (Q7 Concept)
Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05
Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution Rally Raid Car #200 '03
Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid #189 '85
Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car #6 '98

There are also a number of smaller mini SUVs, like the Honda Element, Hyundai HCD and Toyota RSC.
Speaking for others, I'd say we're looking for new Premium cars.

The Pajero rally car would be driven everyday by me if not for the lack of an interior. Having a detailed interior creates a better illusion of reality, even moreso than the sounds. That's what I think most of us shy away from 99% of the Standards. This is kinda obvious about the Premium car only users, but I'm just saying.
 
I have no desire for more pickups. I don't drive the ones that are there now.
 
Nissan have 4x4s.
 
I've always wanted a Grand Cherokee SRT8,
Maybe that Vettel SUV from Infiniti but its not like i'm always in my FX45.
And ultimately an american WWII Jeep, Willys or Ford.
 
SimpleBo
NO. But as PD like to lick Nissan's crack they will include a Juke in the future.

Nissan juke r i hope.
 
I would like to have the Dodge SRT Ram, Bowler, or SVT Raptor.
Everything's fine by me as long as it's big but has more power than a Ferrari and the offroad performances of a Dakar car
 
Back