Anyone else want to drive the white city from the main menu? No matter how glitchy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 28 comments
  • 5,323 views
Messages
1,210
Australia
Sydney
I was looking at the white city intro today, and I thought, how fun would it be to drive around that city in free run.

I know its all animation and they probably dont have floor or barriers, but I mean simple ones shoul be easy to add. No bumps or anything, just smooth white clinical track

I think it would be pretty intresting and cool looking for online muck abouts and photos.
 
Last edited:
Haha yeah it does look pretty cool wouldnt mind driving on that as well. They shoud add a minigame section and add that driving course
 
Maybe it unlocks if you knock the monkey out of the tree..

That would be extremely cool though, kinda like some freaky textureless Midtown Madness.
 
I think it's a representation of how PD sees the future roads:D

Imagine a completely white Nurby:yuck:
 
I think it would be a blast to have an open city to ride on. :)
 
Imagine a completely white Nurby:yuck:

Why imagine? It's happened many times:

10_02_snow


Anyway, it would be interesting to see the White City intro become some sort of mini game.
 
It's what PD wants to implement in the future to invoke mimesis creating existence!
 
Why imagine? It's happened many times:

10_02_snow


Anyway, it would be interesting to see the White City intro become some sort of mini game.

I know the first thing most people would do...watch out doggy
 
Everytime I see it the thought crosses my mind of driving around in it :)
 
Looks like what simulation mode could have been.
 
Would be great for Photo Mode. I think it's based on those fancy 3D renders that modern city architects use.
 
I did enough "white city" driving this year to last me a lifetime. lol

PC270427.jpg



The intro was the first thing I saw when I booted up. Thought for sure it would be in the game as something. Did everyone get that as the first thing they saw in the game?
 
Maybe "White city" is a "concept" version of part of the city where the Special Stage tracks (SSR5, SSR7, SSR11) are located?
 
Photo mode at least, it would be epic to test cars on it. For some reason it reminds me of the mirrors edge map pack :sick:
 
Something like this was actually considered for GT5, where you could cruise about in a city and even get out and walk around. The only thing that held it back was the limits of PSN. So it'll more than likely be available on the PS4. Which will be cool.

On a separate note, wouldn't it be great if we could drive around the photo locations too? Drag races on the Red Bull runway would be just amazing.
 
Actually if this game would have been a PC game, someone would have already digged out that level from the game files and made an available track out of it.
But I like the idea. Some sort of open lobby, maybe even with traffic lights and signs and also shops to stop by and buy stuff for your car.
Why not make it the new GT5 interface, like PSN Home. If you want to race, drive to the specific house and choose your race, if you want to change your car, drive to your garage get out and choose another one.
 
I think it's a representation of how PD sees the future roads:D

It`s a representation of how PD sees the future of the next GT - leaving out scenery textures saves time.
And some of the tracks got really horrible textures.
 
I would love to drive there it would be so fun.
 
It's cool for the intro and maybe to drive on it.

I don't like the white backgrounds when I'm in GT Auto. Definitely subtracts immersion points.
 
Im pretty sure it is free roam forshadowing.
That or a "Hybrid Future Utopia" :yuck:
 
Hey, that's my dog! :)

I wondered why my little blog spiked the other day...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No offence, but if you're going to publish my photos, you can at least link their source.
 
lol PD will take 3 years to model that. I'd rather just drive around the one they already have. Maybe spice it up a little for actual track status add some entitlements and expand it, but man would it make a cool photo location as well.

Also maybe have some variable tron like areas of ultra high grip and ultra low grip, Like Green pathways have uber grip and there's a red lake on the outskirts of the city which is virtually like ice.
 
Back