Anyone ever completed a full lap with an Audi R10 or similar car on Lemans with rain?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 12 comments
  • 1,376 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
I've been trying to do an 8 lap race on arcade mode, but so far it seems impossible.

Why on earth did PD set up the weather system like this? We should be able to choose how the weather starts out. If we want the game to choose, then we can choose a random button.

Either way, this is kicking my a**..
 
Done it a few times on the Dream Car Championship
 
More than half of my Le Mans 24h was done in the rain. It's not too much fun in a car like that, especially in the night, but it can be done. Just don't floor it until you're absolutely sure the tail won't break out anymore.
 
I must be slightly insane, because I take my LMP cars out in the rain there for fun. SO MUCH POWAH!
In all seriousness, I'm no where near fast, but there's something satisfying about that much wheelspin.
 
A little tip for the 24hr race in the rain. Even in the heavy rain keep Intermediates on the rear of the LMP. The grip goes up unbelievably and you can drive until the tank goes empty before you lose grip.
 
have to agree, driving the beasts in the rain is a hoot. Too cool how you can get up to downforce speeds and the car stick pretty well but slow down and there goes your traction. Neat too how when you get it right, you can go like 75% of dry speeds, but get it wrong and off you go at 10% of dry speeds. I love driving hard enough to get wheel spin off every turn yet not loose it :D
 
Done it a few times on the Dream Car Championship

Same here. I don't remember exactly which LMP or JSPC car I used, I think the MINOLTA. All you have to do is brake earlier and wait until your tires are straight before you accelerate out of a corner.
 
Yes, it was pretty fun, just brake early and don't apply max throttle out of corners/turns.
 
Done it a few times on the Dream Car Championship

You get a headstart though in the DCC as the AI cars always start on slicks (previous race is Tokyo so they never carry across rain tyres)

So they will always pit at the end of the first lap (plus be pretty slow on the first lap)

I usually win in the rain if the AI do that, if they don't it's pretty hard work and depends a lot on the car.

I admire those who use cockpit view in the rain, successfully. I would have more success just closing my eyes I think =)
 
Pro Tip: Drive slower.
👍

I have done a few laps with the 908 in the rain, make SURE you put your WETS on, you can see what the weather is before you start the race.

Than just drive to the conditions, your never going to have the grip slicks will give you in the dry so dont bother trying to set the same pace.:dunce:


Like others I found the challenge quite fun, this is where real skill will shine.
 
I've tried it on practice in preparation for the 24H and managed a few laps before sticking it into the dirt. The R10 takes enough focus to drive in the dry, when the rain kicks in it becomes a completely different car and requires a lot more caution and slower exit speeds.
 
Stay off the racing line, for one. It's smoothed over and so your car will hydroplane while braking/accelerating/cornering, whereas on the rough parts off the line it won't. Read this in the AMG Driving Academy, and it actually works.
 
Back