Anyone get delayed shipping?

• Thread starter suzq044
  • 27 comments
United States
Near Macon, Georgia
cc_suzq044
suzq044
Mostly just curious. I don't often have time to play these days so I'm not stressed. Anyway, onto the actual post:

I got the notification (Amazon) on the 25th that it was going to be delayed, no date until today, which is 11th-14th.

The order was 25th anniversary with the PS5 disc and ps4 download.

I'm just curious if anyone else got the same, because of all the 'news' of people getting copies early.

I ordered directly from Sony and all it says is 'Preparing to Ship', but it's said that for days now. It's my first preorder from Sony, so not sure what to expect.

My first order (PS Direct) was on February 5th but I cancelled on the 20th because I didn't get any pre-authorize notice or any pings or any emails. I looked at other places for preorder but I went back and reordered. Later that night I got a bank email stating that there was a charge but statements said nothing. On the 26th, I got another bank email stating the same thing but they actually charged my account but no PS Direct emails about the actual charge. Next day (If I remember) the PS Direct website says my order is "Preparing To Ship", still no PS Direct emails.

Pre-order was the PS4 Launch Edition.

My Anniversary Edition copy is expected to arrive a whole week late (10th-11th). Pre-ordered it on February 7th.

I hate Amazon sometimes. I hope it is worth the wait.

Last edited:
0DBC6B82-EFB5-4E10-A4CC-60F94397D6B1.png
nope it’s on it’s way Ile have it by 7:30 am but won’t be able to install it til about 2pm

Feel for those who've received notice of delays, I think I'd be tempted to cancel and go digital as well.

Thankfully the UK is still able to do next day delivery so I'm expecting GAME to ship on Thursday and to see the game around lunchtime Friday if all goes as it usually does.

For those in the UK having concerns over them not dispatching yet, believe me they could dispatch Friday morning and still get it to you at a reasonable time the same day as long as you're in a relatively major town or city.

Mine says it'll be delivered on Friday, release day. Theoretically, it could ship that day and I could get it that day. There's an Amazon distribution center less than 15 minutes from my house, so it's entirely doable. But if I don't get it on release day, that's OK. I don't have to have it, then.

Mine says it'll be delivered on Friday, release day. Theoretically, it could ship that day and I could get it that day. There's an Amazon distribution center less than 15 minutes from my house, so it's entirely doable. But if I don't get it on release day, that's OK. I don't have to have it, then.
By chance are you near Bristol,Tn/Va.?

ShopTo just mailed saying copies have landed in their warehouse so I'd guess tomorrow they get shipped out

I pre ordered thru Amazon as well, I was going to pre order from Gamestop, but there was no option for local pickup and the est delivery date was about a week later. Amazon's was the same too, but I have a fulfillment center about 2 miles from house so hoping that plays into my favor.

As of today , its say no estimate for delivery.

I can't really cancel and reorder as I was simply using unused Amazon credit from Christmas to order lol.

It's ok though, like I said, I'll be okay with that, I think. Just frustrating when you preorder and it happens is all.

Mine says it's dispatched today arriving tomorrow... however its just updated back to a Friday arrival date! Thought I'd get lucky and receive it tomorrow but we shall see!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-180214_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-180214_Outlook.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 9
My first pre-order just got a 3 week delay (Dreamland), cancelled it and did another one via another site (Coolblue), and momentarily it's still on time. (25th anniversary PS5, Belgium)

Anyone order through Playstation Direct that has had theirs shipped.

Update: Nevermind, just got the info saying it's shipped.

Last edited:
Update on my order that was from PS Direct. I contacted PS Direct Support, I say that because the other supports on that site direct to the main PS website with other supports. FYI: PS Direct support person was very friendly and helpful. I wanted to know my preorder was stuck on "Preparing to ship" for more than 2 business days. They said it probably shipped out already and didn't update (Wasn't true, you'll see), and that it should arrive at end of day (March 3rd), which that didn't end up happening which is fine. I said what if my preorder doesn't arrive today. They looked at my order again, noticed that the game launches tomorrow and said if it doesn't arrive tomorrow at the end of day, they'll look into it. Next thing they said was that my preorder would be shipped within 1 business and it should be delivered tomorrow at the end of the day. They said I didn't need to contact them back and they would be responsible for keeping track of my purchase and send me timely emails. I confirmed my contact details because I have 3 emails, they asked me if there was anything else, I said that's it, they wished me a good day and I wished them a good day too. A couple hours later, I got a email stating that my order was shipped, which was UPS Next Day Saver. That confirmed somebody at the PS Direct warehouse forgot to ship out my preorder and that it wasn't delayed. I am pretty thankful this gotten worked out :).

Mine did not arrive on the 4th so I bought it from PSN as I couldn’t wait, I’ll return my copy to Amazon once it arrives

Got a notice today, I'll now be getting it tomorrow. It would be funny if I got one on both days. e.O

Amazon's shipping model sounds like ****. Lol

My pre-order of the 25th ann edition now is running late due to a 'delay in shipping'...no word yet when it will be expected. :irked::irked:

WTF...how can you ship out copies a week early and now completely miss the 'release day delivery' on a pre-order. This might be my last year as a Prime member.

Yep. My Amazon 25th anniversary preorder that was listed as "recieve by March 4th launch day" when I purchased had delivery by 10 pm march 4th all day long but didnt show as shipped. It suddenly switched to "shipped delivery by Sunday March 6th" about 30 minutes ago.

Edit. It showed up yesterday evening March 5th

Last edited:
I ordered from GameStop and was supposed to get it yesterday. Around 8 pm last night they just canceled my order with no explanation given. I just went ahead and order it from Amazon and it's now slated for the 8th, which is fine because I have finished rebuilding my PS4 yet. It would've sucked to have gotten the game and not been able to play it yesterday.

Latest Posts

Back