Anyone got any decent G29 Settings?PS4 

• Thread starter OMGitsCalB
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi! :)

- I have a G29 and I use the PlayStation 4.
- The classes I mainly use is GT3, LMP1, GTE etc..

I have tried all sorts of settings regarding CALIBRATION, CONFIGURATIONS (Sensitivites, dead zones etc..) and of course FORCE FEEDBACK. I have had no luck and when I drive, I always spin or the wheel feels heavy or takes me ages to to turn in and also rotation can relate to this. To be honest I don't really know what any of the wheel settings mean hence why I'm probably messing up lol!

I would be so thankful for if anyone helped me out. I also use no assists and I have abs on low.

:)

I have tried all sorts of settings regarding CALIBRATION, CONFIGURATIONS (Sensitivites, dead zones etc..) and of course FORCE FEEDBACK. I have had no luck and when I drive, I always spin or the wheel feels heavy or takes me ages to to turn in and also rotation can relate to this. To be honest I don't really know what any of the wheel settings mean hence why I'm probably messing up lol!

I would be so thankful for if anyone helped me out. I also use no assists and I have abs on low.

First off, I suggest watching Yorkie's video on the subject:

Second, I'll give you my settings, later on when I load the game up. I use a g27 emulated to be a g29. It's all the same motors and everything though. Not saying mine is perfect, but after fiddling for a month after I got the game I haven't felt the need to touch it for months.

The main thing is to bind the FFB volume to some keys on your wheel or a computer keyboard/keypad attached to your PS4. What I do is at the start of a session I go through a few corners, switch the HUD to the telemetry view and see if there is any of the red bar showing in the FFB graph. If there is, turn the volume down, if there isn't, or you're only filling up the guest two or three bars, turn it up.

As an example, the Ferrari GT3 has a volume of 27 on my settings. But something like the 240z has a volume of 41.

I'll post my settings later on, but hopefully this should get you started.

First off set your wheel to its maximum rotation angle in the Logitech panel, which I presume it to be 900º
Now go to main project cars 2 menu; controls; calibrate wheel and pedals.
Remember that in the ingame wheel calibration process, the first action must be done anticlockwise (when it first tells you to rotate your wheel to the side to its maximum lock).
Then the second action just turn it 90º to either clock or anti clockwise until it reads 900º on screen. The you are good to go already.
If when in game the wheel feels to heavy for you, go menu; ffb settings, and there you may reduce the "volume" slider to your liking, making the wheel lighter.

POs

Post your current FFB settings.

Something that can ease you in is if you go to free run, set it to summer with clear skies. The tires are very temperature sensitive so a hot day will make your tires have really good grip :cool:

I’ll post my settings later but I found default to be perfectly playable as well.

Back