Anyone have a Driving Force Pro? / What do you think of 900 degree rotation with Prlg

  • Thread starter Thread starter Overclocked412
  • 22 comments
  • 1,317 views
Messages
388
I have one, but cant use it in 900º mode cuz I only have GT3, and dont want to import when GT4 is so close :sick: :indiff: :yuck: :grumpy: :ouch: :dunce:


:scared:

:dopey: . lol.. I want to know your opinions of the wheel with prologue in 900º mode.
 
I have it for Prologue and i have two complaints.

The force feedback is too strong and i can't use a portable table with it. The lap attachment for the old wheel doesn't fit with this one and it's very annoying.

Besides this, so far in the game, it seems unlikely that you'll be using all the rotation degrees, unlike Enthusia where the guy was using it in the demo where they comapre an actual car with the game's car.

We'll have to wait until the final game.
 
Adam West
The force feedback is too strong and i can't use a portable table with it.

poor baby :indiff: did that nasty wheel hurt you? :crazy:
 
its simply one of the best wheels out there. If you want proof, take a look on some pc-simracer forums. Alot of simracing fans are buying DFPs for use on their pc, eventho they dont even have a PS2
 
Too strong for the table, Chap, not myself. I can mess anyone up pretty bad, particularly a nerd like you.

miyamoto.gif
 
Hajaz
its simply one of the best wheels out there. If you want proof, take a look on some pc-simracer forums. Alot of simracing fans are buying DFPs for use on their pc, eventho they dont even have a PS2


Yea like me....even tho I have a PS2.
 
search is good. and your (rollazn) signatures attracts me.

anyways, i think 900 is pretty good, because the first one had only 180 degree

you can tell how much you are turning, since it's like a real car's steering wheel..
but with the 180 one, you do'nt know how much you're turning or not, if you pull too much, you like... whatever, i can't explain
 
Adam West
I can mess anyone up pretty bad, particularly a nerd like you.

Hmm, a violent man with a short temper, nice combo...perhaps I can remind you of the AUP at the bottom of the page, and what it says about insulting or threatening behaviour.

@Overclocked a good place to ask about the DFPro and Prologue would be in the Prologue Forum :)

I have the DFPro and GT4P and I can say it is awsome! You do have some cars that require full range of the steering wheel, the race cars have a smaller movement on the wheel than some saloons and the Feedback is different for all cars. I love the McF1 on strong feedback at 300kph... :crazy:
 
Once you play GT3 w/ the wheel then play Prologue, you notice how much better 900 degrees is. You use it more in low speed corners (just like in real life). You do need a heavy table though, it can get quite annoing if you attach it to something flimsy. Also, the pedals need to be put on top of a rug. You can't appreciate it completely if you don't have it comfortably set up.
 
It's not close to real life, but better than any wheel I ever used. Take a little time to get adjust to the 900 deg. but once you get better at it, you'll never want to go to back to the 180 deg. GT4 Toyota priuse demo wasn't at it's best when it come to steering. it gets better when I play a copy of Prologue version. Hopefully it get even better when the final version come out. Or maybe I just got better at it.
 
yes, it's very good, and very close to driving a real car
after i play GT4P with 900 degree, i took out other game that only uses 180 degree....then you will notice, 180 degree games are no fun at all...
 
900 degree mode is very good. i can't compare it to real life as im only 16 and not quite old enough to drive in the UK. I rarely need more than 180degree lock in either direction at high speed but slow down or simply drive a slower cart and i do. The only negatives i have about it is the lack of current supported games and it's really flimsy feeling sequential shifter, also it's on the right hand side which could teach me bad habbits when it comes to actual driving (it'd be on the leftover here)
 
911_gt3_rs
also it's on the right hand side which could teach me bad habbits when it comes to actual driving (it'd be on the leftover here)

I wouldn't worry about that... It's almost nigh on impossible changing gear with your right hand in a RHD car unless you're sitting in the passenger seat!!!!

Plus the fact that I severly doubt you will be driving a car with a sequential shifter...

If you're worried though... use the paddles?!

C.
 
it's the db's,

and if you use the third setting option on prologue you can use the stick as the handbrake...
 
Adam West
I have it for Prologue and i have two complaints.

The force feedback is too strong and i can't use a portable table with it. The lap attachment for the old wheel doesn't fit with this one and it's very annoying.

Besides this, so far in the game, it seems unlikely that you'll be using all the rotation degrees, unlike Enthusia where the guy was using it in the demo where they comapre an actual car with the game's car.

We'll have to wait until the final game.

I disagree with you, if you have practiced a lot with it, you will be using all the rotation degrees. When drifting you will, and it looks just like the Enthusia video where the guy countersteers. I have put alot of seat time in Prologue with the wheel now and all the same motions that you see in Enthusia and in that very short red S2000 video out there on the web, you actually do with this wheel in Prologue to control the car in a drift. If you grip, you probably won't use all the 900 degrees, but for drifting its required.
 
I think the wheel should be bigger. Not as big as a wheel in a real car, but 10 inch is just too small.
 
I disagree with you, if you have practiced a lot with it, you will be using all the rotation degrees. When drifting you will, and it looks just like the Enthusia video where the guy countersteers. I have put alot of seat time in Prologue with the wheel now and all the same motions that you see in Enthusia and in that very short red S2000 video out there on the web, you actually do with this wheel in Prologue to control the car in a drift. If you grip, you probably won't use all the 900 degrees, but for drifting its required.
short red S2000 video???
You talking about enthusia or prologue?
if prologue with DFP video is on the net, where cud I find it?
can anyone be kind enough to post it..
 
sheruken
if prologue with DFP video is on the net, where cud I find it?
can anyone be kind enough to post it..

Doesn't BreakerOhio have one in his sig :) Or is that just GT3...you should have a look at his show off video of Prologue anyway...its worth it 👍

Edit: Just checked..Breakers video is with DFPro and GT3, I think he said he planned to do one with GT4P that showed the wheel in action, I guess he's been to busy drifting :)

btw Just noticed Breaker, but standing the PS2 on its side causes the DVD to wear out much faster :)
 
Thanks Tacet,
I just missed Breaker's Signature (I guess Rollazn's stole the show! :p )
But thanks for bringing it to my attention. Downloading it rightaway, infact 3.4MB complete already. Havent seen the DFP in action, so should be a good video to watch for me..
 
Back