Anyone have a large knowledge of how Linux works?

• Thread starter bergauk
  • 1 comments
I've got the basics down, but when it comes to compiling a source of something or making anything.. I get lost, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for half the time.

https://github.com/hmbl9r/OpenPuush

I'd like to make this but I don't know what Qt or Libqxt are, or where to find them. Googling them gives no results as far as I'm aware. Ubuntu software center knows what they are, but the lists for them are huge and hard to sift through without knowing exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone would care to help that would be great. For reference I'm running Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

Qt is, as I recall, a largish package. If you have KDE installed you should already have it, however I believe that Ubuntu does not include KDE by default. In any case you can find it here and libqxt is here.

Qt came with my distro and I'd never heard of libqxt before so I have no direct experience with compiling/installing either, but I'd guess that it's the usual ../configure && make && su -c 'make install' procedure.

You can also install just the Qt package from the ubuntu repositories if you don't want KDE, and there is libqxt for ubuntu here.

Back