Anyone have issues shifting with there G27 wheel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raging Bull
  • 11 comments
  • 1,154 views
Messages
89
I have a G27 wheel and the wheel and the paddles work fine but the 6 speed shifter does not. It works perfectly with other driving games but in GT5 it always gave me problems. about 1 out of every 10 shifts would go into natural no matter how slowly and precisely I shifted (I'm 40 and have driven standard since I was 12 - grew up on old farm land). I would blame the wheel if it wasn't for it working perfectly with other driving games.

I was hoping it would be better in GT6 and it is slightly but for the most part it's still having issues. I was just wondering if anyone else has these same issue's with there G27 or any wheel with a shifter?
 
I hit natural a lot, sometimes takes a few attempts to get it in gear, and by that time, probably in the wrong gear, it doesn't happen too often but it does, and it only happens with GT5 and GT6 for me aswell (sometimes in real life though I blame the 13 year old gearbox :P)
 
Same here, going up from 4th to 5th is giving me the most trouble.

Yesterday I wanted to drive the Ferrari GTO ´84 and none of the gears worked right, when I shifted into 2nd it went into 1st; 3rd=2nd etc. First I thought it simulates the real panel positions of that car, lol. Then I found out it made a downshift every time I pressed and depressed the clutch :irked:. After unplugging and plugging the wheel back in, it all went back to normal, luckily.
 
Hahahaha....

Glad to hear it's not just happening to me. Not that I want this issue to happen to anyone because it's very frustrating.
 
This happens to me aswell. Always when im shifting from 1st to 2nd. It's very annoying, especially when you are racing online. :ouch:
 
I bought the G27 in time for GT5's release date and sold it in early 2011 because of the 1-2 shift constantly putting me in neutral. The main reason I wanted a wheel was to use the clutch, but it made me lose incredible amounts of time vs. the paddles because of this fatal flaw in the hardware. I've been using the controller ever since.
 
Wtfs a "natural" lol. Thats the first time iveever heard of neutral being refered to as natural.
Is that the way it is where u guys are?

The mis-shifting is a common problem. Its got more to do with the clutch pedal than the shifter itself.
 
I just upgraded to g27 and have the same thing, but mostly for me on downshifts. I figured its a learning thing.... time will tell
 
I have the shifter on the side of my seat, but find it irritates me due to missed shifts and it feeling too toy like (I guess I was made for the Ferrari metal shift gate!! lol). I tend to use the paddles more now as I like to concentrate on the road feel and feedback.
 
I have the shifter on the side of my seat, but find it irritates me due to missed shifts and it feeling too toy like (I guess I was made for the Ferrari metal shift gate!! lol). I tend to use the paddles more now as I like to concentrate on the road feel and feedback.

Well it seems like a lot of people have this same issue. That's really not cool for the price.

I wish it had a metal shift gate! I don't think it would help the problem but it sure would look and feel cool. ;O)
 
I did have this problem in GT5, i initially though my G27 shifter was broken or something but it works in all PC sims just fine. The problem is not the G27, it's the way the clutch works in GT that cause the missed shifts, this has been a problem since GT5, changing the wheel don't fix this, search the internet and you will see people having this problem with others wheels and shifters too. Just use the paddles because the clutch and manual transmission is broken in GT.
 
I did have this problem in GT5, i initially though my G27 shifter was broken or something but it works in all PC sims just fine. The problem is not the G27, it's the way the clutch works in GT that cause the missed shifts, this has been a problem since GT5, changing the wheel don't fix this, search the internet and you will see people having this problem with others wheels and shifters too. Just use the paddles because the clutch and manual transmission is broken in GT.

Oh, it happens with all shifting wheels? That's not cool. Thanks for the info though.
 
Back