Anyone having issues using headphones?

Canada
Vancouver
Sultan_S13
I have a pair of Triton 7.1 surround sound speakers and they aren't working with GT6. They are connected using the optical input and GT6 presets the sound settings to Stereo 5.1, but I can't remember the frequency. My headphones work for all my other games including GT5. Anyone know of a method I should try to get these to work?

I really hope I can get these to work, as GT is a whole other beast with surround sound speakers on.

I do also have a set of 7.1 surround sound speakers that I use for my PC, but it connects using USB or a plain old headphone jack input. I wasn't able to get the PS3 to recognize the headphones using the USB input. Does the PS3 have a normal headphone jack? I suppose if my TV has one I could use that. I'm not sure if I will retain the 5.1 stereo if I do that though.

Sorry I'm not too good with audio/video hardware.

I have a Tritton AX-Pro headset. It's capable of going to 7.1 Ch surround, I believe. However, the PS3 is limited to 5.1, so any PS3 games can't even go up to 7.1.

Can I ask what setup you are running from your headphones to your PS3? What audio settings are you using in the "Sound Settings" menu on the PS3 settings options?

If it helps, I am running my AX-Pro's through optical cable (from decoder box to PS3), and of course the USB in front. My PS3 sound settings are selected to Digital Out (Optical).

Back