Anyone having issues with GT DD Pro and GT7?

United States
United States
CryptoRacerX
For some reason, there is a buzzing feeling/noise coming from the DD Pro base at all times. Also, there is a dead zone that has no road feeling a lot of the time. I have my settings on 9 for both sensitivity and feedback in game. I didn't have these issues with GT Sport.

Also, is there an updated recommended settings anywhere for the fanatec gt dd pro and GT7 somewhere? Perhaps that might be the issues? But my settings are unchanged and this worked well for gran turismo sport.

Anyone else noticing issues?

Issues you say ? It's been many many hours since I first connected the wheel base and everything.

I did all the firmware updates with no issues at all. But ... impossible to get the wheel AND pedals do anything on track. What am I missing ? The usb cable is connected, I tried also a port at the back of the PS5, nothing. There is only the PS button and square/circle/triangle/cross that seam to do something. There is not a single input coming from pedals and wheel. But on the PC with the software to test it, everything works. Also, I tried GT Sport on PS4 (with GT DD Pro at the right PS4 mode), same result, no input at all on track.

As a reference, this is the GT DD Pro regular kit that is plugged at the moment. I did not tried the 8nm I bought, nor the load cell which is still in the box. I told myself that the base kit should do the work at first, right ?

This is a many many many $$$ rig not worth a penny at the moment.

EDIT: well, not sure if it's the fact that I started to unplug and plug back everything (first the RJ12 from behind the wheel base).

OR .. like you said slthree too basic ?! Probably that. Sad because I asked myself already in the game "well, now how to select the wheel ..." to never found it in the game itself ! You need to realize that just aside the PS5, I have a PS3. For a couple months now I'm playing regularly with GT5 on PS3, with a wheel. The thing is that I only need to turn on the PS3 and the game, plug the USB cable from the wheel and it's working. The problem maybe is that I got accustomed to that behavior and as basic as it is on PS5, the "controller" (wheel !) button never really crossed my mind.

Enough complaining, now time to do some lapping :)

Last edited:
My rig works flawlessly. I'm hoping that you guys are having a simple settings issue and not a defective wheelbase or anything like that.

The color of the light when you're plugged in should be a light purplish color. I'm using mine with the PS5

Please forgive me if this is too basic a question to ask you guys but I want to ask it just in case...

Are you making sure to hit the round button at the bottom of the wheel with the PlayStation symbol and then hitting X to confirm that you're using another controller?

Last edited:
For some reason, there is a buzzing feeling/noise coming from the DD Pro base at all times. Also, there is a dead zone that has no road feeling a lot of the time. I have my settings on 9 for both sensitivity and feedback in game. I didn't have these issues with GT Sport.

Also, is there an updated recommended settings anywhere for the fanatec gt dd pro and GT7 somewhere? Perhaps that might be the issues? But my settings are unchanged and this worked well for gran turismo sport.

Anyone else noticing issues?
Mine has worked perfectly since day one. Fatatec does recommend having the FFB Sensitivity setting in game set to 1 though. I use max torque 8 and Sensitivity 1 in game. They recommend MT at 5 in game but it's just too light for me. Not sure if adjusting settings will get rid of the buzzing sound though. Mine is also completely quiet.

Fanatec recommended settings:

Tuning Menu Settings:

• SEN Auto
  • FF 100
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 38
  • NFR Off
  • NIN Off
  • INT 2
  • FEI 100
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100