Anyone here from Syria ?

• Thread starter moh82sy
  • 10 comments
Syria
Damascus
SONIC82SY
I'm having problems logging on to PSN in the last few days , I'd like to know if anyone is having problems too , everything else on the Internet is working fine .

Also , Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone in this board.

Last edited:
Isn't Damascus one of the areas with heavy fighting going on? I would think more important things could be done than playing video games.

The Internet service comes and goes .

We've been in crisis for about two years now , and nobody knows when it's going to end. But you can't expect ppl caught in this to put their lives in suspend until it's over (especially that the local factor isn't the only factor in this , regional and international forces are involved directly or indirectly) , ppl still go to work , universities , do other stuff ( all that when possible of course ) .

I live in the capital so we're still in relatively manageable conditions to live our life , unfortunately I can't say that for a vast majority of the rest of the population , everyone helps as much as we can , and hopefully it ends soon.

Things like the PS3 , games like GT5 and the Internet help me pass the time , that assuming there's electricity . I was asking about PSN because I wanted to access GT5 seasonals.

Please no need to be judgmental , thanks.

Ah sorry moh82sy its just the way the news stations show it over here. They make it look like normal life has broken down.

Also for your question it has been fine for me for the last few days.

This would be an awesome news story to be honest. "The non-fighting lives during the Syrian Uprising". I need to be a journalist :D.... I honestly didn't know Syria had access to all this. All I can say is, good luck and keep playing

And the PSN problem was solved by itself ! Now hopefully we get rid of the bigger problems....

Thanks guys , and please can a moderator lock this topic because it serves no purpose now , thanks and happy holiday season.

Well . . . the title was more for the Intro/Opinions Forums, the question was more for Online/Console Forums, and the discussion was more for the ...... :sly:

Okay, then. ;) Welcome to GTPlanet. :cheers: Great to see a person from Damascus here. Kaz must be the goodwill ambassador of the World when it comes to cultural relations. 👍

See you around.

moh82sy
The Internet service comes and goes .

We've been in crisis for about two years now , and nobody knows when it's going to end. But you can't expect ppl caught in this to put their lives in suspend until it's over (especially that the local factor isn't the only factor in this , regional and international forces are involved directly or indirectly) , ppl still go to work , universities , do other stuff ( all that when possible of course ) .

I live in the capital so we're still in relatively manageable conditions to live our life , unfortunately I can't say that for a vast majority of the rest of the population , everyone helps as much as we can , and hopefully it ends soon.

Things like the PS3 , games like GT5 and the Internet help me pass the time , that assuming there's electricity . I was asking about PSN because I wanted to access GT5 seasonals.

Please no need to be judgmental , thanks.
Marhaba!
Exactly what has to be said my friend. I'm from Syria too and live in Damascus (in Tijarah district if you're interested) and yeah to solve the PSN issue you have to setup your router and PS3 internet connection properly, I can login and have a stable connection even on my relatively slow internet (512kbps....yeah you Europeans and Americans laugh at me now :P, but if faster than 90% of households, well at least here). PM me if you still have problems so I can send you the settings.

Latest Posts

Back