Anyone here think track temps will affect tyres ?.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 19 comments
  • 1,681 views
Messages
2,119
United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
Messages
FanofGT5
Would be hard on some tyres ( aged tyres especially ) like cross ply tyres for example.Imagine driving in temperatures of 40 celsius & hotter.Wouldn't only be a problem for tyres, what if a particular car is notorious for unreliability :nervous: :scared:.Hey just off topic, i wonder if there is running in periods for the engine, gearbox & other mechanical parts of new vehicles plus very very low mileage cars.Ok on topic again.
 
Last edited:
I hope they included this in with the weather system. Its a long shot, but i hope they did.
 
TVR+Yas Marina-you'd fail to complete a lap without breaking down!
 
Ha ha TVRs aren't that bad finnracer.Do you mean the joke of the smell of glue holding it together ?.I should of mentioned design faults, bad repairs & sub standard rebuilds.Also lack of maintenance.
 
Going from Prologue and the GT Academy demo, I think its safe to say PD are definitely developing the tyre vs surface side of things. We definitely had the "dirty tyres" effect in Prologue and then there's that slippy surface at Indy.

So I do hope some accurate depiction of tyres and surfaces makes it into the game, its a large part of real racing that has been largely missing. Stuff like being able to take different lines in corners because of the changes in grip over a race.

However, we have yet to see PD implement a variable-changing weather system in GT, we've always had perfect tracks that never alter in conditions. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for changing temperatures, at least on track surfaces. I expect tyre warmth to be simulated though.
 
S&S-Not specificly that but their reputation from breaking down alot.
 
I thought they were decent, reliable sportscars.I thought this was a stigma thing Lancia had about cars getting so rusty, that they would blow away in the wind.

Can anyone else think of other effects during races on a road/race car, besides aerodynamic drag, g forces, weather & mechanical adjustments.I thought of something then forgot what it was, i was about to type damn.

Usually slick tyres secrete a slither of gel in hot weather, that's the reason gravel sticks to them if a driver had an off track moment.Hey that leads me to them wrap around tyre warmers, could have full use of them during colder temps.
 
Last edited:
I thought they were decent, reliable sportscars.I thought this was a stigma thing Lancia had about cars getting so rusty, that they would blow away in the wind.

Can anyone else think of other effects during races on a road/race car, besides aerodynamic drag, g forces, weather & mechanical adjustments.I thought of something then forgot what it was, i was about to type damn.

Usually slick tyres secrete a slither of gel in hot weather, that's the reason gravel sticks to them if a driver had an off track moment.Hey that leads me to them wrap around tyre warmers, could have full use of them during colder temps.


aerodynamic lift, transfer of mass, road friction (road quality)
 
Also tyre roar, that affects some ( Vette ZR1, Goodyear Eagle F1s ) cars.Wheel balance could become unbalanced, if a wheel throws a wheel weight and/or if a spiggot ring is worn.
 
This is why we should get a warm-up lap
 
Yeah so we can adapt to weaving across the track.So GT5 needs practice laps, warm up laps & laps to qualify for grid position.
 
Last edited:
I just hope the tires don't fall apart after 5 laps or so.
 
I just hope the tires don't fall apart after 5 laps or so.

Indeed. Taking an car using michelin tires on indianapolis wold be difficult then :crazy:

OT: Dont think they will implement it. It sounds like the next step. There needs to be new stuff for GT6 :P
 
at this rate you might as well skip 5 and call it 6 lol. but on topic, more than likely not.
 
I do hope weather will not be just an eye candy but weather and temperature will have an affect on cars performance , handling and also some of the cars parts.
 
@ Yogaflame, cooler air should theoretically increase bhp & torque.
 
@ Yogaflame, cooler air should theoretically increase bhp & torque.

True but less traction. At the very least have tire blowouts so the douches in gt5p cant tokyo drift every corner unless they want to pit every lap.
 
Back