anyone know a R35 GTR black edition tune

• Thread starter rb26pat
  • 29 comments
Australia
Australia
clutchkiker
i have decided that drags are not my thing so i have asked the good people of the internet if anyone has a drift tune drift tune for a Nissan GTR R35 Black edition. i think it should do well as it possibly has too mach power.

Unless @DolHaus has a tune in his library or there's one floating in the drift tune library in this forum, you'd probably be out of luck. Most people here will tell you to use anything that's rear wheel drive only. Also CH tyres are highly preferred as its the most commonly used tyre for drifting.

But eitherway check out the drift tune library created by @JDM SRE70. There's plenty of great tunes in there to suit beginners to experts. Also check to make sure whether the tune is made for the wheel or ds3 as it will drastically effect the way it drives.

Good luck 👍

i have decided that drags are not my thing so i have asked the good people of the internet if anyone has a drift tune drift tune for a Nissan GTR R35 Black edition. i think it should do well as it possibly has too mach power.

As @TH137Z mentioned most people will discourage you to use AWD. I will be one of those people. Especially if you're only learning to drift. I highly recommend you using a really low hp almost under 200hp and use comfort hard tyres on a rear wheel drive car of your choice.

Learning to throw a underpowered car sideways is the most rewarding. Keeping you on your toes, forces you to use different methods of initiation as well as providing the satisfaction of getting a good drift throughout a corner. I say this from experience.

Feel free to Private message me if you need advice or information on anything.

Try a Z33.
Z33 FTW! Best car I've drifted hands down ^.^

R35 GTR isn't a drift car to start off with in my opinion, you definitely need a FR car, with CH tyres and around 300BHP or less. I used the Silvia S15 to start with, and it's awesome...
Also, you might find that most tunes won't work for you, seeing as it's suited for one person, the creator, so give tuning a go yourself, takes practice and time, but it's most definitely worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason i chose a GTR is i like to drift different cars like Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO and Beatles just because i know it probably would not work. i will still have a shot at it!

i tried it at indy road course and it scored 22,718. not bad for AWD and way too much power. the faster you go the easier the easier it gets

i made a purple legacy wagon stupid as it sounds it worked and was in the number 3 spot for a wile. i just built the 1st gen Mitsubishi EVO it bogs down allot but still can get a good score of 23000 at indy road course

i made a purple legacy wagon stupid as it sounds it worked and was in the number 3 spot for a wile. i just built the 1st gen Mitsubishi EVO it bogs down allot but still can get a good score of 23000 at indy road course

I think I did 2500 or 30000 I don't know, been a while since I joined a DT lobby.

yes but i cant do it in any of my FR cars they all spin out but with AWD i can reverse entry hairpins and other sharp corners. i just do not counter steer unless im going to spin. i find it easier to drift AWD cars on tracks with slower corners because you just have to throw them in and almost turn the car around instead of braking.

yes but i cant do it in any of my FR cars they all spin out but with AWD i can reverse entry hairpins and other sharp corners. i just do not counter steer unless im going to spin. i find it easier to drift AWD cars on tracks with slower corners because you just have to throw them in and almost turn the car around instead of braking.

Around this specific forum AWD "drifting" isn't very popular. We tend to try to be more realistic towards the drifting scene (D1 & Formula D) wich are exclusively FR. Also we're not - generally speaking - very found of the flawed (personally i find it lame) points system. That's probably why you won't find much on AWD oriented drift tunes and "sympathy" for the theme from most members.
Having said that, have fun and obviously drift whatever makes you happy.

Generally when I do reverse entries, I throw it in hard, have a little bit of counter steer, then go to full lock as I go past 90*, clutch in, select gear (normally 2nd or 3rd) the start to ride the clutch out as I'm hard on the throttle and then drift the corner as per usual.

No car is a drift car to start with. You need mods to be good
I disagree with you on that. Mods are just used to make realistic choices (Drivetain conversion, engine swap, etc). What make people good is practicing or having fun (or KDS time) with their friends/teammates.

True. A allmost all amg mercs can power slide easy but will be better with mods like weight reduction

the reason i chose a GTR is i like to drift different cars
Choose it because you want to use it, just know that you won't always be able to use it because of the ability to restrict specific drivetrains (in this case 4WD). I would like to note, however, that time spent in online lobbies without said restriction will reveal that using a GT-R isn't really that different of a choice.
I disagree with you on that. Mods are just used to make realistic choices (Drivetain conversion, engine swap, etc). What make people good is practicing or having fun (or KDS time) with their friends/teammates.
I gather that, in this instance, the term 'mods' was used in the more general sense--i.e. modifications to impact performance--not in reference to those done outside of what can be done in-game. Most any FR can overpower low grade tires to the point that the back end kicks out (I'm sure you know this so I'm not really trying to inform you, just to preface what follows) but it takes modification to get the car to the point that it can do so flagrantly and allow for control while doing so.
Generally when I do reverse entries, I throw it in hard, have a little bit of counter steer, then go to full lock as I go past 90*, clutch in, select gear (normally 2nd or 3rd) the start to ride the clutch out as I'm hard on the throttle and then drift the corner as per usual.
On a DS3 and with my limited skill, I usually have to plan to throw it reverse (not that planning for it guarantees success, by any means) wherein I use significant speed and an already unsettled rearend to lock up and rotate beyond 90°, then either use copious amounts of horsepower to overpower the tires and keep it there as long as I can or, in the case of lower powered cars such as my Galant GTO or TA22 Celica, hold the e-brake to preload the drivetrain as the car is rotating and then unleash hell as I approach the corner.

Last edited:
Back