Anyone know this car?

• Thread starter Miskaroni
  • 2 comments
Finland
Finland
I recently noticed that the unused model of the 156 Touring Car in GT3 actually has functioning arcade&GT Mode banners and thumbnails,

1VGLLAom.png

so it got me digging for more unused car graphics, and after going through all of them, there was a single graphic which actually had an actual texture, instead of being blank:

QaGxpDG.png

(A zoomed up image)

nuHv9vu.png

The filename for the car is "integra_rsx_detroitver_01", which isn't a car in the final game, instead we have "rsx_detroitver_01", which is the Acura RSX Type-S.
So the filename implies that it's a concept car (detroitver). The car in the thumbnail appears to look a bit like a beta version of the Honda Integra Type-R spec 98, but just a bit... different. Not exactly like the actual beta version for it. Anyone know if there was some concept version of a Honda Integra, that looked a bit like the 98 Integra? I just find it strange that PD would've named the car as "detroitversion", but then have the car be the normal Integra.
I've also never heard this being discussed anywhere, maybe it was already known that this sprite exists. But to me, I've never seen it.

Last edited:
Probably a placeholder DC2 Integra body used when making the RSX? That's the only explanation i can think of. I'm not aware of any RSX prototypes myself

Latest Posts

Back