Anyone know what car this is?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lazz
  • 29 comments
  • 1,600 views
Lazz
Hi all new here :)

Just came across the following video on google video's and was wondering if anyone knows what car is being used?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8670072246842328660&q=gran+turismo&pl=true

The video is of someone completing the Nurburgring lap in just 5 minutes 34 seconds, which is quite an accomplishment considering Im doing the INT A license and struggling to do it in 10 minutes :P

Cheers

That's the Sauber. I think it's code is C9. It's a gropu C car and if memory serves it's the prize car for winning the Formula GT championship.
 
It's the Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car '89
 
Want to be scared?

That's the Japanese version's final licence test (which, according to my Excel file, I did in 5'44.133. Gold is 5'47.510, Silver is 6'09.919, Bronze is 6'43.420).
 
Famine
Want to be scared?

That's the Japanese version's final licence test (which, according to my Excel file, I did in 5'44.133. Gold is 5'47.510, Silver is 6'09.919, Bronze is 6'43.420).

whaddaya want? a friggin' medal?








:lol:
 
Nah, I already got one. A gold one, in fact...

:D
 
Whhooooaaaa !!! That Sauber Merc is one monster !!! The driver is far greater a monster !!!

Maannn !! I am soo damn jealous and full of envy now !
 
Famine
That's the Japanese version's final licence test (which, according to my Excel file, I did in 5'44.133. Gold is 5'47.510, Silver is 6'09.919, Bronze is 6'43.420).
Not to drag this OT, but what was your time on S-13 (R8 at Sears Point)? I ran that one over the weekend.
 
1'18.216 NTSC/J, 1'15.749 PAL

Gold time in the two versions is quite different...
Bronze: 1'28.542/1'22.700
Silver: 1'21.370/1'17.300
Gold: 1'19.000/1'16.120
 
Famine
1'18.216 NTSC/J, 1'15.749 PAL

Gold time in the two versions is quite different...
Bronze: 1'28.542/1'22.700
Silver: 1'21.370/1'17.300
Gold: 1'19.000/1'16.120
That's very odd - the NTSC/NA times seem to match the PAL version, not the NTSC/J times. Are they both for the R8?

And *w00t* - I got 1':15.057" on that one FTW! I'm faster than Famine - at least once!
;)
 
ok thats FAST!!!

that man has skills :bowdown:

im suspecting that that may be a demo run, but i don't know...:confused:
 
No, it wasn't a demo run, it was a lap in arcade mode, the demo run's are nowhere near that quick, neither is B-Spec.
 
Famine
Nah, I already got one. A gold one, in fact...

:D


Diego440=Pwn3d

Famine, you are like a better driver than the progammers or something
 
live4speed
No, it wasn't a demo run, it was a lap in arcade mode, the demo run's are nowhere near that quick, neither is B-Spec.

i thought it was a demo run because it he had such a PERFECT line

just shows how good that guy really is...:scared:
 
thats just ridiculous! does that guy EVER give his PS2 a rest?
 
^^Doubtful.

Was that 370MPH or KPH? If its MPH i now have a new car that i must have in my garage.
 
CanfieldOO7
^^Doubtful.

Was that 370MPH or KPH? If its MPH i now have a new car that i must have in my garage.
:lol:

No, it's definetly KPH.
 
ImprezaAddict
Diego440=Pwn3d

Famine, you are like a better driver than the progammers or something
We wouldn't know, I don't think Famine has ever raced the programmer's, or shared best lap's with any of them.
 
Where does the idea come from that programmers must be great players anyway? They usually aren't - great programmers spend most of their time programming, great players spend most of their time playing...the area I have most experience is PC FPS games, John Romero used to be the best player at id when he was there, but he always got the crap kicked out of him by the real pro players. I can't think of any real high-level gamer who actually codes for a living...
 
the guys at bungie that made halo 2, ive faced one on live before

unbeatable:tdown:
 
live4speed
No, it wasn't a demo run, it was a lap in arcade mode, the demo run's are nowhere near that quick, neither is B-Spec.

I hate to burst your bubble but that is not a video of a run in arcade mode, it's a video of a license test because if you look in the top right corner of the video you'll notice the bronze, silver and gold medals and times in the upper right corner...sorry to point this out but wasn't an arcade run :indiff:
 
Famine
Want to be scared?

That's the Japanese version's final licence test (which, according to my Excel file, I did in 5'44.133. Gold is 5'47.510, Silver is 6'09.919, Bronze is 6'43.420).

CanfieldOO7
I thought that its the final Test from the Japanese version.

Where'd you get that idea?
 
It's good that you know, but please read an entire thread before you respond with an answer that has already been given.
 
Ermac26
I hate to burst your bubble but that is not a video of a run in arcade mode, it's a video of a license test because if you look in the top right corner of the video you'll notice the bronze, silver and gold medals and times in the upper right corner...sorry to point this out but wasn't an arcade run :indiff:
Your right, it is the last license test run one, I got it confused with another video that was done in arcade mode, but the one done in arcade mode is quite a bit faster than that, so I should have noticed.
 
Back