Anyone knows which one is this version of GT2?

• Thread starter TakisZX
  • 3 comments
Greece
Greece
Hello gt2 fans. I have a - regarding versions- question. Years ago (almost 20) i was playing gt2 on a friends ps1 in Greece. I cant recall if it was an ntsc or pal version nor do i recall if the speedometer was in mph or km/h. The thing is that i remember clearly that when you completed a race if you finished 1st the icon was a gold cup, if second a silver cup, third a bronze cup and if you finished 4th or more had the according number. All those versions that i m playing now have a silver cup when you finish 1st and second place and more is depicted by the according number 2,3 etc. I m not talking about the license gold silver and bronze cups. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I don't think any version had colored cups for the podium places. I used to have a Japanese version of the game (usually those are the earliest versions) and it had the usual silver cup for the first place and numbers for the rest.

Same for pal, which is the latest. Silver cup and 2-6. Strange. Could it be a bootleg maybe ? There's a lot of them for unofficial translations and such.

Back