Anyone managed to keep progress / save?

• Thread starter Xintar
  • 17 comments
Norway
Norway
I did a lot of the campaign offline yesterday and it would be a pain to loose that progress because of the "save sync" server issues. The reason I continued to race after the server issue was of the messag from Sony/PD "keep trying and the servers will respond, if not put in rest-mode/suspend and try later"

But it seems they forgot that the servers will eventually block you completely when you try reconnecting many times. I am pretty sure the GTS servers now have blocked me completly as the reconnect error just pops up instantly after pressing it.

So...

Has anyone managed to save the data in any other way? I tried "upload save data" from the PS4 GUI but that asks me to quit GTS first (why sony?). I was thinking about transfering my save data to a USB stick but it seems the PS4 wont let me get the save data before I quit GTS.

Any clues on how to save the data or do we just have to scrap a whole days worth of progress?

Seems the block at PD serverers are more severe than just IP. In a last effort to try and save my data I connected my router to a VPN and then reset the internet connection on the PS4 to refresh its cache and use this tunnel.

I then got a short glimpse of "reconnecting" for about 1-3/10th of a second but same error all the time. I guess there is also some kind of session key/token used in this that only can be reset by closing the GTS application which makes you loose your save :/

I actually bought a PS4 Pro + accessories for racing just for GTS, this kinda sucks.

The way I did it.

- Set PS4 to disconnect from the internet.
- Put the PS4 in restmode (and GTS in suspend)
- Configure Router with VPN and all traffic trough this
- Reboot the router
- Verify on other device connected to the router that I get a WAN IP from the VPN - Ok.
- Start the PS4, reconfigure internett connection (tried both WiFi and LAN)
- Test PS4 internet, ok.
- Resume GTS and press reconnect.
- Also tried making and saving liveries to perhaps trick a connection, but same error.

No luck.

The worst thing about this is it shows how basic and badly tuned these anti-DDOS implementations that started blocking us are and how huge the potentional for MP gaming problems can become. I also hear about a lot of sync issues now popping up.

Last edited:
Dam i was having the same issues yesterday Saturday night leading to sunday morning so when i woke up in the afternoon i just keep trying except i kept opening and closing the app i.didn't have any progress to save i like to practice daily race offline but eventually it worked then of cousrse i havent closed it since but hopefully its still connected once i get back on its been in rest mode

It should be working for every1 soon theres a notice saying that the playstion side is is identifying the network trafficking as a attack, i guess so many people trying to log in at once

If you try to reconnect too often the message changes into, you have to be connected to use this feature (or something like that) when you press reconnect again. The only way I found to get it to actually try to reconnect again is to restart the game :/

What did work was finally getting connected after 50 attempts (amd 5 restarts of the game) and not turning it off anymore. Apparently it stays connected in suspend mode or doesn't have to get a new session token or whatever it does while reconnecting. It worked straight away again after waking the ps4 up.

I ended up restarting. Lost 20 hours of gameplay. I really wish they didn't lie to us when they said it would save online when it reconnected.

Attachments

• dec-25-lost-all-progress.jpg
    dec-25-lost-all-progress.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 15
  • dec24-stuck-offline.jpg
    dec24-stuck-offline.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 15
So far so good for me (got the game today) I do however question why they feel the need to save online rather than locally. Every time that “Saving Online” icon appeared for more than 6 seconds while completing licences and GT League races, my heart sank!

Overall though, I must say I’m enjoying it far more than I initially thought I would.

@usernamed i did the same, finally when reading the other thread I just restarted my machine and then it connected, but I lost a bunch of gameplay, since I did play a bunch yesterday. couldnt figure out a save, so when everybody started to post when they were connected, mine still wouldnt. I finally just gave up and rebooted the machine and then it connected. Who ever claimed all programmers were smart?

edit: other than them...

I'm in the same same situation. I've made so much offline progress and I don't want to lose it.

Anyone have a solution?
The server is allready long up again, its because of a bug is you spam the login butten sometimes it keeps saying (your offline) in the right lower corner and it doesnt go away anymore. Maybe try turning off all internet in the ps menu and look if it goes away, then reconnect in the ps menu

Seems the block at PD serverers are more severe than just IP. In a last effort to try and save my data I connected my router to a VPN and then reset the internet connection on the PS4 to refresh its cache and use this tunnel.

I then got a short glimpse of "reconnecting" for about 1-3/10th of a second but same error all the time. I guess there is also some kind of session key/token used in this that only can be reset by closing the GTS application which makes you loose your save :/

I actually bought a PS4 Pro + accessories for racing just for GTS, this kinda sucks.

The way I did it.

- Set PS4 to disconnect from the internet.
- Put the PS4 in restmode (and GTS in suspend)
- Configure Router with VPN and all traffic trough this
- Reboot the router
- Verify on other device connected to the router that I get a WAN IP from the VPN - Ok.
- Start the PS4, reconfigure internett connection (tried both WiFi and LAN)
- Test PS4 internet, ok.
- Resume GTS and press reconnect.
- Also tried making and saving liveries to perhaps trick a connection, but same error.

No luck.

The worst thing about this is it shows how basic and badly tuned these anti-DDOS implementations that started blocking us are and how huge the potentional for MP gaming problems can become. I also hear about a lot of sync issues now popping up.

Is there anyone still hanging on for dear life in this situation?

Who wants to be a guinea pig?

I haven't heard of anyone trying this, but that's not to say it hasn't been done and failed.
But here's my best offering.

The game will close doing this, so it's a win or lose situation.
But try this.

With the game still running, hit the PS button to go to the XMB menu.

Press the Option button while on the GT Sport App.

There is a "Upload/Download Saved Data" option.

Hit that and there is an "Upload All" (PS Plus) option.

It will then tell you the App will close, but press "Okay" anyway. (Nothing to lose)

If you already have a save in the Cloud it will ask if you want to overwrite.

Tick "Apply All" and the "Yes".

(If you don't have a save in the Cloud I guess it will skip this bit)

It begins uploading 2 files to the PS Plus cloud.
No guarantees, but hopefully your game settings plus the progress you have made so far while offline and stuck in this situation.

Last edited:
Is there anyone still hanging on for dear life in this situation?

Who wants to be a guinea pig?

I haven't heard of anyone trying this, but that's not to say it hasn't been done and failed.
But here's my best offering.

The game will close doing this, so it's a win or lose situation.
But try this.

With the game still running, hit the PS button to go to the XMB menu.

Press the Option button while on the GT Sport App.

There is a "Upload/Download Saved Data" option.

Hit that and there is an "Upload All" (PS Plus) option.

It will then tell you the App will close, but press "Okay" anyway. (Nothing to lose)

If you already have a save in the Cloud it will ask if you want to overwrite.

Tick "Apply All" and the "Yes".

(If you don't have a save in the Cloud I guess it will skip this bit)

It begins uploading 2 files to the PS Plus cloud.
No guarantees, but hopefully your game settings plus the progress you have made so far while offline and stuck in this situation.
I don't think that will fix anything. I've done heaps of offline, and it still won't save for me. Don't want to close the damn app and lose everything

I don't think that will fix anything. I've done heaps of offline, and it still won't save for me. Don't want to close the damn app and lose everything
Yep, unfortunately l agree.
I posted as much on the EU Playstation forum yesterday.

It is an interesting way to force a save before closing an App.
All other ways require you to close the App first.
But the end game is to get that save onto the GT servers.
So it's difficult to see how it helps in that respect.

I've given up on this now.
And sadly have been suggesting to those still persisting to bite the bullet, close the App, accept the losses, and move forward.

Back