Anyone notice this about the pre-race?

Messages
127
Messages
Terbo2000
There might be a million threads on this already but I've been lurking a while and haven't seen any yet so here it goes.

I was doing a championship and while at one of the pre-race screens I realized that I could control my car! I saw that my car was sitting on the start grid, so I hit the throttle and it took off! The camera angle changed so I couldn't tell what my car was doing anymore, but I eventually felt it hit a wall. All the controls work just like they do during the race, ie. left and right still lets you steer.

Anyone know what the conditions are to make this happen?
 
Similar thing happened to me, I left GT5 on a pre-race screen and switched to my TV input. While watching football all of a sudden my DFGT would start jerking around as if it was actually during the race. Scared the crap out of me...never thought you could actually drive from there though...
 
Similar thing happened to me, I left GT5 on a pre-race screen and switched to my TV input. While watching football all of a sudden my DFGT would start jerking around as if it was actually during the race. Scared the crap out of me...never thought you could actually drive from there though...
Same here a few hours ago! I thought my dfgt was possessed.
 
So is this something common? Can you win races before they start? Or do you mean when ask the cars go by before you hit start?
 
Back