Anyone noticed the kilometer makers at Nurburgring?

  • Thread starter Thread starter suprtrukr425
  • 9 comments
  • 1,856 views
Messages
393
I was messin around last night, and noticed that there are kilometer markers around the track. I also noticed that the 1 kilometer marker is at the end of the long straight. That, for me, confirms that the start/finish line is in the wrong place in the game. I can't remember where, but I believe I read about the start/finish being wrong in another thread. I just really thought it was cool that the track is so detailed that it even has kilometer markings, and other street signs. Has anyone noticed this kind of detail on any other tracks?
 
The start/finish line for turists are before dottinger höhe (the bridge in the end of the long straight).. The start/finishline for official laptimes is in the right (almost) positions.. The start and finishline are actually at 2 different places IRL. When you make the last rightgander before the finishline, you will cross a white line just after (that one is the IRL finishline for official laptimes) the corner (10 m or so). But in the hame, startline is also used as finishline.
 
I was messin around last night, and noticed that there are kilometer markers around the track. I also noticed that the 1 kilometer marker is at the end of the long straight. That, for me, confirms that the start/finish line is in the wrong place in the game. I can't remember where, but I believe I read about the start/finish being wrong in another thread. I just really thought it was cool that the track is so detailed that it even has kilometer markings, and other street signs. Has anyone noticed this kind of detail on any other tracks?

Le Mans - De La Sarthe has road signs
 
That 19KM sign is a great relief when I shoot by it....:crazy:
 
If you look closely, there are also signs with the names of all the different sectors of the Ring, they were green in GT4 and are white now.
 
Yes and some of km signposts make good timing checkpoints in the AMG Academy, not exact but close enough to judge your progress. ;)
 
ya and if you hit one they are like brick walls!
 
Last edited:
The start/finish line for turists are before dottinger höhe (the bridge in the end of the long straight).. The start/finishline for official laptimes is in the right (almost) positions.. The start and finishline are actually at 2 different places IRL. When you make the last rightgander before the finishline, you will cross a white line just after (that one is the IRL finishline for official laptimes) the corner (10 m or so). But in the hame, startline is also used as finishline.

Thanks for clearing that one up for me.
 
If you look closely, there are also signs with the names of all the different sectors of the Ring, they were green in GT4 and are white now.

The signs has been renewed on the real track.
Now got sponsorship by Yokohama.
Name of the bends is on the signs.
 
I prefer the start/finish to be where the ticket thing is. Every other version of the ring I have played has always used that point.

When you come down the long straight it's nice to just cross the line and finish. On this game I have to negotiate the final bends at very high speed to the finish and I'm usually tired by then and end up face first in the armco :)
 
Back