Anyone noticed this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bustin_skullz
  • 8 comments
  • 774 views
Messages
9
Canada
Canada
Messages
iOFtheBEHOLDER
I was doing the IA 15 Minute Races and all my opponents were GT cars.

So PP limit is 650, I tried it in my 03 viper...no dice but track times about 1:15-18
By about 8 minute mark I was still 30 seconds behind

Went out and bought more cars, gt-r, cerbera, tommy kaira, 13' viper, audi le mans r8, all with about 900+ HP at, 650pp, all in range of 1:14-18 lap times.

Spent about 5,000,000 and countless hours retuning gears and suspensions etc...trying to beat this race and every time after lap 1-3, times in-between 1st place iecrease by 1-3 seconds.

So I say this is dumb I will buy a GT car, I get the 616pp Corvette GT car, under 850hp lap times 1:19-22 and win the race first try, by 27 seconds....

I dont get it, lap times on avg. 4 seconds less
 
Last edited:
Race cars are slower in the game then road cars on avg. top speed I believe. Also, if you were gonna buy a gt car get a McLaren it should beat the cars easy, as it is incredibly fast in the corners and even the straights.
 
But he's quoting the lap times...it makes no sense at all, like a lot of things in GT6.
Well top speed could be a factor. If he's running on a track lack sarthe or something
 
How about the opponent car, are they the same car grid?
 
Well top speed could be a factor. If he's running on a track lack sarthe or something
Top speed is higher on my other cars, vette cant even touch what I was doing on straights with others
 
It's a timed race. If you go too fast you have to run an extra lap.
 
So, how were those races finished? I only read 8-min mark. Those 20-some to 30 sec. gaps were kept that way to the end?

I do 15min races a lot. This series can be done (won) with many road cars with PP around 600 or 500-some. Be patient, keep your pace, keep going. Don't give up even if you spun out. 20-some or 30-some sec. gap is not uncommon. Just ignore it and keep driving, they would slow down near the end of race to let you catch up. There're still good chances to win even if you've spun out several times.

Be careful when you approaching the leading one (usually the Mclaren F1 GTR Race car). Overtaking is not that difficult, but after that, it'd probably keep very close, biting your tail hard. Be cool, ignore it, keep your pace and cross the finish line.:D
 
Back