Anyone noticing this?

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 23 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
There is a Psygnosis copyright in the Route 5 Wet event picture. Go to Simulation Mode, Go Race, Rally Events and highlight Super Special Route 5 (Wet) or Super Special Route 5 (Wet) II. If you look closely, below the SUPERSPECIAL text there is a Psygnosis copyright for a F1 game. It reads:

(C) 1999 Psygnosis Ltd. Developed by Studio 33 (UK) Ltd. Psygonsis and the Psygnosis logo are [tm] or (R) of Psygnosis Ltd. An official product of the FIA Formula One World Championship. Licensed by Formula One Administration Ltd.

Anyone noticing that? I just noticed this. :)

Last edited:
Hmm, never noticed that.. Luckily GT3 is one of the games the PS2 will allow me to play, so I'll check up on it soon

Can someone provide a picture of it? Brother and his friend at PS and they don't want to stop :grumpy: (actually I'm a little bit amazed our neighbors doesn't seem to have heard them yet..)

Can someone provide a picture of it? Brother and his friend at PS and they don't want to stop :grumpy: (actually I'm a little bit amazed our neighbors doesn't seem to have heard them yet..)

Found this on Google images it's not the best picture only one I could find.

images

^That, and a lot of random stuff, was what I found too but it's too poor resolution to see anything. But thanks for trying too 👍

Interesting, didn't notice that until now.

GT3_SSR5WET_zps3acc15ee.png

Here's a better picture.

I wonder why they're on there, aside from them being aquired by Sony...

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why the Psygnosis trademark lines are on the SuperSpecial race picture. Wouldn't it make more sense to put that on the Formula GT races?

Maybe it's possible that F1 car I found has something to do with it?

This thing? ;)

TestF1.png

Doubt it. I always assumed it is a 1998 car, because of Bridgestone logos and the West icon, plus car number 4. :rolleyes: :confused:

More hidden texts:

Machine Test and GT Auto
Feel the excitement that your first felt with the original Gran Turismo. With 2 years of rigorously experimenting and working with the technologically advanced PlayStation 2, Polyphony Digital Inc.
4WD Challenge
Why don't you choose 4WD? Though it is the composition which became stable most and stands big output. Now declare "4WD is a supreme!" If you approve of this declaration, to participate in this challenge.
British GT Car Cup
Grand Turismo Magazine Special Issue
British GT Car Cup
Michael St.McDermatt's parents, Richard and Rosemary Martines, in March yesterday

;)

Last edited:
there are f1 logos at laguna seca so pd might be just adding random f1 stuff to tease fia or whoever wouldn't give them the licence for f1s.

you'd think the psygnosis (c) would be on the f1 bodies themselves if they made them.

i read the 4wd writing, and almost decided to read other but expected useless info so didn't bother. i could've discovered this.

there are f1 logos at laguna seca so pd might be just adding random f1 stuff to tease fia or whoever wouldn't give them the licence for f1s.

you'd think the psygnosis (c) would be on the f1 bodies themselves if they made them.

i read the 4wd writing, and almost decided to read other but expected useless info so didn't bother. i could've discovered this.

"Don't Pass Us By"? It was CART, IIRC. 💡

Did anyone notice that in Arcade mode, when you browse through the list of tracks, you see in the video playing cars that shouldn't normally be together on a track. For example on Test Course you see S-class cars with an NSX, Viper and 787B; on Apricot Hill reverse you have a New Beetle, Altezza and CRX. Is it possible to have that in the actual game without the car classes being divided in two subclasses ?

Did anyone notice that in Arcade mode, when you browse through the list of tracks, you see in the video playing cars that shouldn't normally be together on a track. For example on Test Course you see S-class cars with an NSX, Viper and 787B; on Apricot Hill reverse you have a New Beetle, Altezza and CRX. Is it possible to have that in the actual game without the car classes being divided in two subclasses ?

Also, you can see the Diablo in the Midfield Raceway video if you look very carefully.

gtpedia says apricot hill has a diablo too which is true. the car is available in the japanese game though. also, are these odd combos from sim mode races? apricot ii might be na race

There's also some weird shadows in GT Home in NTSC version, on the black background in some places. Look carefully, and you'll see it.

It looks like there was some black writing with a little less saturation than the background, and it's barely visible.

There is a Psygnosis copyright in the Route 5 Wet event picture. Go to Simulation Mode, Go Race, Rally Events and highlight Super Special Route 5 (Wet) or Super Special Route 5 (Wet) II. If you look closely, below the SUPERSPECIAL text there is a Psygnosis copyright for a F1 game. It reads:

Anyone noticing that? I just noticed this. :)

Probably liscensing for the Formula 1 trucks sitting in the infield at Laguna Seca. (RedBull/Sauber, Benetton,Jordan F1 )

Back