Anyone play Gran Turismo 3 installed to a Hard Drive?

• Thread starter gfMemo92
  • 2 comments
I have this CD called HDAdvance Version 3.0 DVD9 storage game management that allows you to install games to a Hard Drive on a PS2. I had never used it because i didn't really have that many PS2 games back then and i didn't really know anyone with PS2 games to borrow. So i had just forgotten about it. But now i decided to use it, and i installed it to this empty 160GB Hitachi IDE Hard Drive. Gran Turismo 3 is only 3GB's.

Boy is the game faster now. Everything loads fast. Like it's FAST! Compared to the DVD drive.

Also i didn't need even need a Modchip lol

Now i am going to try to install Gran Turismo 4. lol

I have this CD called HDAdvance Version 3.0 DVD9 storage game management that allows you to install games to a Hard Drive on a PS2. I had never used it because i didn't really have that many PS2 games back then and i didn't really know anyone with PS2 games to borrow. So i had just forgotten about it. But now i decided to use it, and i installed it to this empty 160GB Hitachi IDE Hard Drive. Gran Turismo 3 is only 3GB's.

Boy is the game faster now. Everything loads fast. Like it's FAST! Compared to the DVD drive.

Also i didn't need even need a Modchip lol

Now i am going to try to install Gran Turismo 4. lol

Nice. I am really hoping I can get my PATA drive to work. But it won't work with it at all. HDD's are definitely faster than optical drives that are very slow...

Now all we need is a SATA mod for the PS2 and try an SSD!

Although kind of pointless as "other systems" can already play PS2 games from an SSD. But it would still be cool to do with original hardware.

Back