Anyone play Rocksmith Remastered? Need help trouble shooting

United States
Indiana
pie4july
(I tried creating an account on the official ubisoft forums but I keep getting errors when I try to post a topic... I was hoping someone familiar with the game could help me.

I just bought an Epiphone Hummingbird PRO Acoustic-Electric Guitar a few days ago. I'm having massive issues passing the calibration portion at the start of the game.
After the narrator talks, I hardly have to strum to into the zone it wants me to. After muting the strings, I'm told to "make some noise" but it is very hard to get to the new zone they set for me. After several tries, I reached this zone and was again told to mute the strings.
After this point, I always get the following notification:

"Rocksmith has detected a sudden change in your volume. If you have changed your volume settings or changed instruments, Rocksmith recomments restoring your Real Tone Cable gain back to its default setting."

I am then left with two options

"Reset gain to default"
OR
"Continue with no changes"

Regardless of which option I choose, it simply loops back to the calibration screen and the exact sequence happens. What am I doing wrong?

(I tried creating an account on the official ubisoft forums but I keep getting errors when I try to post a topic... I was hoping someone familiar with the game could help me.

I just bought an Epiphone Hummingbird PRO Acoustic-Electric Guitar a few days ago. I'm having massive issues passing the calibration portion at the start of the game.
After the narrator talks, I hardly have to strum to into the zone it wants me to. After muting the strings, I'm told to "make some noise" but it is very hard to get to the new zone they set for me. After several tries, I reached this zone and was again told to mute the strings.
After this point, I always get the following notification:

"Rocksmith has detected a sudden change in your volume. If you have changed your volume settings or changed instruments, Rocksmith recomments restoring your Real Tone Cable gain back to its default setting."

I am then left with two options

"Reset gain to default"
OR
"Continue with no changes"

Regardless of which option I choose, it simply loops back to the calibration screen and the exact sequence happens. What am I doing wrong?

If you can I would try it with an electric guitar. Maybe borrow one from a friend just to make sure the cable isn't bad? The issue might be that the guitar you are using doesn't appear to have a volume knob. I've tried acoustic guitars as well and they seem to be harder to calibrate.

If you can I would try it with an electric guitar. Maybe borrow one from a friend just to make sure the cable isn't bad? The issue might be that the guitar you are using doesn't appear to have a volume knob. I've tried acoustic guitars as well and they seem to be harder to calibrate.

It's got a volume knob, and I can hear the guitar in game when I strum. I was able to make a post on the official forums and it sounds like the game has a tough time picking up Acoustic-Electric guitars :(

It's got a volume knob, and I can hear the guitar in game when I strum. I was able to make a post on the official forums and it sounds like the game has a tough time picking up Acoustic-Electric guitars :(

Oh yeah, I missed that picture with all the knobs. :dopey:

Unfortunately that's been my experience as well with acoustic-electrics. I've been able to get mine calibrated eventually but it wasn't accurate in the game so not worth the effort.

I hope you eventually can use rocksmith with a different guitar, it really is a good learning tool and a lot of fun.

Latest Posts

Back