Anyone receive the Beta Code without having played GT6?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MisterNasser
I would like to know whether anyone has recieved the beta code despite not having played gt6. I had played gt6 but never under my own account and was wondering whether that has any baring on me not getting the gts beta code?

Thoughts please

Not getting a code could be because of where you're from, For example I'm pretty sure (most) Australians like myself haven't recieved any codes because the Beta is Europe and North America (I could be wrong on that)

Personally I wouldn't put much credence in playing GT6 as a prerequisite.
Or anything else for that matter.

To my knowledge, there are many, in particular one very prominent forumer from the official US Playstation forum, who still doesn't have a beta invite.

My best guess?
Unless you hold the official title of beta tester on the official Playstation forums, it's pure random chance.

I could be wrong, but relying on GT6 seems pointless from what I've seen.

It is called random, do you think PD/Sony is digging through your trophies to see if you are worthy?

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't put much credence in playing GT6 as a prerequisite.
Or anything else for that matter.

To my knowledge, there are many, in particular one very prominent forumer from the official US Playstation forum, who still doesn't have a beta invite.

My best guess?
Unless you hold the official title of beta tester on the official Playstation forums, it's pure random chance.

I could be wrong, but relying on GT6 seems pointless from what I've seen.
I am a Sony Beta tester and I can 100% confirm that in the EU stage Sony and PD were only looking for people who had played GT6 for inclusion in the beta.

I can't say for the US, but for the EU this most certainly was the case.

Someone said in the beta thread that PD or Sony said (maybe on the beta forums) that if you played even a bit of GT6 you could have a possibility.

Someone said in the beta thread that PD or Sony said (maybe on the beta forums) that if you played even a bit of GT6 you could have a possibility.

Indeed they did

Screenshot_20170430-194747.png

That's quite disappointing that you had to have played gt6.... does anyone know whether it would be possible to play gt6 now and get the beta code? I think I'm just clutching at straws

It is called random, do you think PD/Sony is digging through your trophies to see if you are worthy?
It's definitely random. I didn't even sign up and made the first round. And yes, I've played 5 and 6 online, they might actually be looking...

I can confirm that my non-plus USA account got an invite without any GT6 play time. Seems selection was broader for that region.

That's quite disappointing that you had to have played gt6.... does anyone know whether it would be possible to play gt6 now and get the beta code? I think I'm just clutching at straws
Don't loose too much sleep it's not that big of a deal. All it is some hot lapping with 9 online races a day if you are lucky with no choice of tracks

I am a Sony Beta tester and I can 100% confirm that in the EU stage Sony and PD were only looking for people who had played GT6 for inclusion in the beta.

Ah yes.
After seeing your post I recall you have mentioned something similar before.

I should have known better.

Thanks for the reminder. 👍

Don't loose too much sleep it's not that big of a deal. All it is some hot lapping with 9 online races a day if you are lucky with no choice of tracks
I am having crazy fun man, I haven't had this much fun in open rooms since GT had the shuffle races.

Back